• Show
Clear All

• I need a gas tank

I need a gas tank for my hydro.
    I have a steering bar tank I can trade.
    Dad said it is not a Fickit.

Joe

Tanks for the ........

Check out the selection of tanks for Go Karts , Comet Kart Sales or American Powersports, and E bay always has a good selection..

Comment

Moon Gas Tanks

Try the web site (www.coyotegear.com) Many sizes to choose from, prices start around $150 with mounting brackets, 1gallon to 8 gallons !!
      Top Gun Racing

Comment

cheap option.

Originally posted by Joey31Fjr View Post
        I need a gas tank for my hydro.
        For many years now, I've been using a gas tank that I got with a boat. It's a radiator overflow tank from a foreign car of some kind. Someone added a pickup tube to go to the bottom of the tank. It has always worked great for me.
        It holds about 1/2 gallon. I can't imagine any junk yard *ehhemm* I mean salvage yard charging more than $10 for one like it.

Comment

Go to your local Caterpillar Tractor dealer. Buy a radiator overflow tank for 247,257, 267 277, or any of the B series Multi terrain loaders. Cost of $33.00. It is heavy cast plastic, holds enough for 1.5 5 lap heats on a 3/4 mile course, and has 4 cast in mounting holes. Unlike windshield washer tanks, these are unwreckable. The vent is cast into the cap.
          Bill Schwab
          Miss KTDoodle #62C
          -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

OMC oil injection remote tanks work well also. Check eBay........

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
              OMC oil injection remote tanks work well also. Check eBay........
              I agree the OMC tanks well very well, but might be too big for the use of an A motor, especially if you plan to attach it to the transom or cockpit side. But, you should be able to walk in any OMC dealer and pick up a used one very cheap! I usually save them myself and give to other racers in the area.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

4mm Okume and WEST Resin

I built all my tanks - custom fit for whatever space it was going in. Leftover pieces of 4mm Okume worked fine. Fuel did not affect the epoxy finish, and the epoxy did not affect the fuel - as in fuel would pass the inspection dip & sniff testers. PVC fittings for gas cap. Epoxy in a hose barb for the fuel line.
                carpetbagger

Comment

I make all mine for the ASH/AXSH boats out of left over boat material bolts to the outside back of the transom along side of the motor can make any shape that way. I only use West System for them as I know the gas wont effect it but have heard that certain other brands the gas will.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                    I agree the OMC tanks well very well, but might be too big for the use of an A motor,
                    Nah..... Fill it up and run all weekend on one tank of gas....

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Wood/WEST tanks with a PVC FEMALE threaded cap are great and can easily be made to fit whatever shape you need. If you're really trick, you can make one side out of fiberglass/WEST and have a reasonably translucent panel to see the fuel level. Epoxy plugs can be drilled and tapped for whatever fittings you might need. We make ours for hydros with a flange so it can slide into a bracket on the cockpit side. Then we can remove the tank easily and empty it after each race.

Comment

Tank

I got a 1 foot piece of 4 inch square aluminum tube from Mc Master Carr and made a tank out of it ( a little over 2 quarts - works great.

Comment

Only use West system on your fuel tank....

See this old thread for my past mistake

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8173
                          http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

what are you going to do with steering bar tank that you have.
                            Are you going to sell it?
                            William Haddock
                            111-F

Comment

Originally posted by V-racer View Post
                              what are you going to do with steering bar tank that you have.
                              Are you going to sell it?
                              I had a pm about a tank.
                              I don't know if they are
                              trading with me or
                              if I am buying it.
                              I will let you know.

Thanks everyone for the
                              advice. Maybe I will
                              build one too.

Joe
                              Last edited by Joey31Fjr; 12-08-2008, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X