Pro Engine & Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Engine & Tower

1 Yamato 350cc twin, with, carbs, pipes, and ignition complete. Very fast engines and still very competitive! Built by Rex Hall.

1 2006 Tietze aluminum pro tower, brand new, never run with adaptor plate for Yamato 350cc twin. Tower will work with any pro engine with the appropriate adaptor from Lee Tietze.
    $1400.00 for tower $1200.00 for engine $2400.00 for both. Please contact Jon for questions and related spares info. 206-856-0131
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Akers; 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM.
    93-C

Still for sale.
    93-C

Comment

Weight

how much do that tower weigh? Think a 44 mod would live on top of that?
      Thank you

Comment

Weight

Steve,

Tower and clamp assembly including steering bars weighs 12lbs.
        To fit a merc all you need is an adapter plate. The total height would be 6.7" tall.
        Lee Tietze
        Machined Components
        Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

I wonder how that motor would work on a shifter cart.......
          Bill Schwab
          Miss KTDoodle #62C
          -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Yamato's for shifter karts

Back in the 80's, McKean used to sell the 250 yamato, powerhead only, to what I seem to remember was either karter's or some small midget class of 4-wheel racing machines. Best I remember he got complete motor price from the karters for the powerhead only, and then sold tower housings and lower units to boat racers at a little better price. I bought several for my RB's. I am not sure though exactly what the class was the motor's were used for, but I think it was Denny Henderson told me they ran real well. I can't remember now whether the motor was the piston port model or the reed valve.

Comment

Bill:

I know they had a Formula 500 SCCA class that ran at Elkhart Lake, Wisc. It used a 2 cylinder 350cc something or another, basically scaled down CART cars that ran 150MPH.
              Bill Schwab
              Miss KTDoodle #62C
              -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Still for sale.
                93-C

Comment

Jeff...I am still peaved about mods being shut out at Occoee.My FEH hull has the Tietze system on the transom and it looks like that 350 might slide in as easy as the big 3cyl omc.If that is the case,do you think my boat would stay on the water with the pro motor.I have trouble with the FE because the motor puts the center of gravity so far back.I have often thought the boat(very light carbon fiber) would make a rocket 350 boat.Lets talk,please
                  Hunter III

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                    Jeff...I am still peaved about mods being shut out at Occoee.My FEH hull has the Tietze system on the transom and it looks like that 350 might slide in as easy as the big 3cyl omc.If that is the case,do you think my boat would stay on the water with the pro motor.I have trouble with the FE because the motor puts the center of gravity so far back.I have often thought the boat(very light carbon fiber) would make a rocket 350 boat.Lets talk,please
                    Hunter III

Hunter,

This tower will slide right onto your boat. I looked at your stuff and talked with you in LA at the winter nationals a few years ago. And if I remmeber correctly, i think it would be too short for 350cc, but maybe a good canidate for 250cc hydro. But, I may be wrong. Hit me up if you have any questions

Mike Sattler
                    Sattler Racing R-15
                    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                    TEAM VRP
                    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

any 350 experts out there who can counsel me? How long does a 350 boat need to be to handle the speed.Is my boat actually too short.Can I add an after plane of some sort to compensate.I got a couple rides in 250.I am not patient enough to be careful with pipes.I was told the 350 did not require the same finess....tromp on the pipes and it lights up right now,is what I heard.The 8-n tracks real well,corners as good or better than any and is so light that an A motor would accelerate it. On a 3/4 mile course,it should be hard to beat,no?? Hunter III

Comment

any 350 experts out there who can counsel me? How long does a 350 boat need to be to handle the speed.Is my boat actually too short.Can I add an after plane of some sort to compensate.I got a couple rides in 250.I am not patient enough to be careful with pipes.I was told the 350 did not require the same finess....tromp on the pipes and it lights up right now,is what I heard.The 8-n tracks real well,corners as good or better than any and is so light that an A motor would accelerate it. On a 3/4 mile course,it should be hard to beat,no?? Hunter III
                        Hunter,

I'm not sure what 250 you drove, but the newer motors are a lot more forgiving about slamming on the pipes. If the motor 250 or 350 is set up with the proper gear ratio and prop, they both should accellerate very hard. Private message me the after plane length of your boat, bottom width and amount of lift if you know it. And I'll tell you what I know. We can even chat on the phone more if you'd like.

Mike Sattler
                        Last edited by pro350hydro; 01-17-2009, 05:44 PM. Reason: screwed up
                        Sattler Racing R-15
                        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                        TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by bill van steenwyk View Post
                          Back in the 80's, McKean used to sell the 250 yamato, powerhead only, to what I seem to remember was either karter's or some small midget class of 4-wheel racing machines. Best I remember he got complete motor price from the karters for the powerhead only, and then sold tower housings and lower units to boat racers at a little better price. I bought several for my RB's. I am not sure though exactly what the class was the motor's were used for, but I think it was Denny Henderson told me they ran real well. I can't remember now whether the motor was the piston port model or the reed valve.
                          They ran them in micro-midgets. I tried to get the Yamato in the local class
                          up this way but they had a rule limiting them to 1 cyl 250's to keep the
                          cost down. They were running modified motorcycle motors and were able
                          to get outdated ones from the motocross guys pretty reasonable and they
                          were already set up with clutches, gear boxes etc. My father used to
                          work with some guys back in the 50's/early sixties by building up Mark 15
                          powerheads and they ran quite well......might have had something to do
                          with limiting them to 1 cyl in later years.

Comment

350 boat

12'8" to 12'10" long for a stable 350cc hydro

Comment

MJR, I was hoping you would chime in

Originally posted by MJR View Post
                              12'8" to 12'10" long for a stable 350cc hydro

What do you recommend for afterplane?
                              Sattler Racing R-15
                              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                              TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment