X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brinkman How To Modify 4 cyl Mercs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320314295361

I'm stunned that these haven't sold out

They've been selling them for a while, offering blocks of 5 at a time. Fairly pricey at twice what Harry sold them for. If what they are selling includes the unpublished stuff that Harry had been working on then I'm a buyer.

As it is now I have 3 copies, an early circa 1980 edition, the later version that I bought from Harry and my most prized version is Harry's shop copy that he sent me as a gift a few years ago. That copy will see the light of day in a historical venue.
    Ed Hatch

Comment

Harry's book

I'll endorse that book. Anybody who races S.O. or Mod boats ought to own a copy. The book is loaded with information! Stuff that would help an engine builder/racer in nearly any class. Not just 4cylinder Mercs.
      If you do not own a copy, the selling price is still a bargain.

Comment

Brinkman Book

As I have been packing up all of Harry Brinkmans engines and parts I contintue to find notes in boxes with parts. Over time I will go throught all his writings and try to make some order out of them. I expect that in about 2 years I will issue a final edition of the manual. My intent is to offer alternate modifications that Harry had recorded and incorporate them in the right place in the manual text. This will take some time in that the manual was prepared on a typewriter and needs to be transfered to a modern word processing program. I will also prepare an introduction to the book do***ent a number of the contributions and accomplishments made by Harry.

One thing that the manual lacked was detailed photos of the modifications. Currently I have a 75H fully disassembled, a 44 and 40 set of ported blocks, a 30 block and crank set labled #2 and a few other things that need to go together. Hopefully I will be able to add a lot of color photos to the printing. Currently Doug Kay is starting on the 75H, then 40 and 44 and we will keep a photo log of the building process on these engines.

Alan
        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 11-09-2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I'd be very interested in seeing those pics

Comment

Hi Sam

I will also E mail the photos to you when I take them because there will be far more than what I will post.
            Alan

Comment

I would Like to Be on the list!!!

My Wife say's i wouldn't but what does she know!!!
              RichardKCMo

Comment

Harry Brinkman revised manual

We have finally available a revised manual written originally by Harry Brinkman. We have retyped the manual adding page numbers, chapter headings, added in all of the corrections Harry had listed, updated the vendor list, added a Table of Contents, added Harry's Autobiography and a Chapter on Modifying a Mark 40H using Harry's manual and notes with a lot of color pictures. They are available on our web site Aeroliner-boats.com or on Ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/290961545261...84.m1555.l2649

We also have corrected the info Harry had on the Flex Hone by using the original Flex Hone document Harry had copied into the manual. In addition we have increased the weight of the paper and added plastic cover sheets.

David

Comment

Working...
                X