Used prop help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used prop help?

I am looking for someone who makes sleeves for dewald props to take a 5/8's diameter hole down to 9/16's. If that is not possible does anyone have a gear foot for a Yamato 102 with a 5/8 prop shaft set up and ready to go.

Those are the only two option I can think of.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

I have had sleeves made at a machine shop . It's easy to do on a lathe. So easy the guy did it free. Unfortunately, he has moved out of town.

Comment

If you can still buy brass shim stock at auto parts stores, get a hunk of 1/32, cut it to the length you need, then wrap the shaft. It should not have to touch ends, but you should get it at least 7/8 of the way around the shaft.
      Bill Schwab
      Miss KTDoodle #62C
      -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Bunting Bushing

I know you can buy a Bunting Bushing 9/16"id X 11/16" od. But I can't find one 9/16 X5/8. That's pretty thin. What kind of prop has a 5/8" shaft? Are you fairly confident that prop will work for your needs?

http://www.buntingbearings.com/image...20Bearings.pdf

Comment

Best Answer!!!

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
          I have had sleeves made at a machine shop . It's easy to do on a lathe. So easy the guy did it free. Unfortunately, he has moved out of town.
          Jack's rite ,any machine shop can.
          But alas time is money.

Comment

ron hill has shims ron hill@hillmarine.com or 714 /608 /7147

Comment

Shim it. Don't go with a larger shaft because that will limit your prop options down the road. Hardly anyone has Y-102 props with a large diameter shaft hole. I know a CMH driver that runs a large shaft and has never gotten up to speed because he is a slave to too few prop options.

Comment

Prop Shims

Mike,

I believe what your looking for is a 16mm (stock Yamato Shaft) to 9/16 I.D.
                I have shims in about every combination for $10.00 ea. + shipping on the shelf.
                Lee Tietze
                Machined Components
                Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

Lee, sounds like just what I need. Send me an address and I will jet off some money. How much for shipping to Montana for two of the bushings.
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Sent PM

Mike I sent you a message.
                    Lee Tietze
                    Machined Components
                    Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

Working...
                    X