Mercury ABC gearcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury ABC gearcase

I have a Mercury ABC gear case with the long skeg for sale. This unit has new seals and bearings and turns over smooth with 1:1 gears. Driveshaft has been cut down and squared off. I'm selling this for a friend of mine and know nothing else about it. There is some filler on both sides of the case but the torpedo and skeg look perfect. Case is ready to go. I tried to sell this on Ebay and surprisingly had no takers $500 firm. May trade for a vintage Hot Rod gear case. Thanks, Jeff

abc gear case

How can it be used on an KG7 with a Q tower with the drive shaft cut down? I might be interested but the drive shaft might be a problem. And is the case damaged what is filled in?

Comment

The same way it would be used on an "H" tower or any other tower. You would need to find a fishing motor drive shaft that fits into your powerhead and adapt the length to the gearcase and install an adaptor between the two using an impact socket etc.

I don't know about the case as I haven't had it apart. I would assume that the case was cracked or pitted or both. If I was going to race it I would disassemble the unit and inspect. If it's going on a cottage racer, I wouldn't bother. There are no signs of abuse or cracks around the top driveshaft bearing or the torpedo and skeg. I wouldn't have noticed the filler if it was done just a little bit better. This is a nice looking foot. Jeff

Comment

abc gearcase

Can you post some pictures of the case? Is the price negotable?

Comment

This gear case has been sold. Still looking for a vintage Hot Rod case. Lots of Mercury and Hot Rod racing parts to trade. Jeff

Comment

abc gear case

What other merc racing stuff do you have? Thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
            X