New Yamato Pro Foot Propshaft Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamato Pro Foot Propshaft Wanted

I have the older style (1989), vertical-split hatchet foot gear box. It works great for me, except I keep shearing the Pro shear pins from Litzel with my fastest Dewald 5-blade prop. I have tried cleaning out the shear pin hole and lip with no success, and I don't want to lose a great prop to the lake bottom. Does anyone out there have a new prop shaft that they would be willing to sell me soon for my Yamato gearbox? I need the prop shaft ASAP.

Al Peffley
    Cell: (206) 406-4996

Originally posted by Al Peffley View Post
    I have the older style (1989), vertical-split hatchet foot gear box. It works great for me, except I keep shearing the Pro shear pins from Litzel with my fastest Dewald 5-blade prop. I have tried cleaning out the shear pin hole and lip with no success, and I don't want to lose a great prop to the lake bottom. Does anyone out there have a new prop shaft that they would be willing to sell me soon for my Yamato gearbox? I need the prop shaft ASAP.

Al Peffley
    Cell: (206) 406-4996

Last I heard, McKeen still had parts for the older style units, but not the new ones.
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Jim's Email Address or Telephone Number Please

Does anyone out there have a good telephone number to contact McKeen? I have some old numbers for his marine business that probably are defunct since he closed his shop up.

Al

Comment

Thanks for the Replies

Thanks to all of you who have contacted me in the last 24 hours. I hope to have some spare gear sent to me by this weekend. Keep up those parts source leads.

Al

Comment

I have a like new, old style yamato gear foot (bolt holes on side) I would like to sell. Ron Thomas put new 1:1 gears in, Schmeer fluffed and buffed it to tip top shape. It's never been wet since. $1000

920-420-2151
          Last edited by jevans47w; 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM.
          Jon Evans

Comment

Jon,

I have the chance to buy more older Yamato foot units with the gearsets I want installed, however I am just looking for parts right now for my 250cc motors' gearboxes. I have another vertical-split Yamato case with no gears in it, and I need 12/16 or 11/15 gears, parts, and another prop shaft or two for running 250ccH motors. Thank you again for responding with your offer.

Al

Comment

More Motor Parts Needed

Hi,

Still need the new prop shaft, but a new problem has arisen. I also need two new Yamato reed sets for my 250cc reed-port motor. I tried some new Carbon Tech reeds, but they are not working for me...

Al

Comment

Reeds..

Al, Go to the local Kawasaki dealer and buy 1988 ( I think...) KX 125 reeds. They changed the radius on the front in 1989 or 1990. The Yamato reeds are the same as the Kawasaki. They are not cheap. If you want, I get a very good price break on OEM Kawasaki stuff.

Michael D-1

860-349-9310

Comment

Part Number?

Hey Mike,

If you can remember, look in some old tech notes, or find a bag with a part number on it for the Kawasaki reeds it will really help me to order some from the local motorcycle shop. The small town I live in has a Kawasaki dealer, but they are not well versed on 1988 125cc anything. Thanks for the quick source info input -- it makes sense to me.

BTW -- Have you ever replaced the standard Mikunis that the Yamatos were outfitted with another carb model in the TM series? What does VRP use for carbs on its 250cc motor? The Rossi I bought came with metal-body Dellortos.

Al

Comment

Reed Sets Installation Question

Is there a front face and back surface on reed petals, or can you install reeds with either side facing the carbs? I ordered two reed sets on Thursday. The part number is 12022-1057 for a 1988 KX-125 reed petal set (2 petal sets each for one carb box.) Mike, you were right -- the reed petal sets are pricey...

Al

Comment

No...

The reed have to go on one way. Look at the bae of the reed stop, it should have a bevel at the lower right hand side. The reed should have this same bevel. The need to line up. The Kawasaki / Yamato reeds have 'camber" moulded into them.

Good luck

Michael D-1

Comment

Reeds and Coil

Thanks, Mike. I did keep the reed petals aligned with the angled notch in the corner of each reed stop. Both boxes with the petals and stops installed look the same, but one set appears to be weak. How do I test the reeds in their bases, off the powerhead, without damaging the edges?

I also am looking for a spare Motoplat two-cylinder coil, if anyone has a spare.

I still need a new prop shaft, if the responder ast month has found one in his storage unit...

Al

Comment

Working...
                        X