44xs for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44xs for Sale

My 44xs is for sale. $3,300.00 Motor is strong needs new upper cowl. Gear foot by Ron Thomas. Includes Brown steering bar and kick out bracket.

Send PM if interested.

Gootz
    Last edited by Gootz 142M; 08-25-2008, 04:23 PM.

Bump, Bump, Bump.

Comment

Bump, Bump, Bump

Comment

What? Nobody thinks its fast?????? Ur Wrong!

Comment

Jim, Butch Ott if your interested in running C-equipment let me know I'll bring you a top notch rig for grass lake to run. My number is 519-919-5135.

Comment

Gone!

Originally posted by Gootz 142M View Post
            My 44xs is for sale. $3,300.00 Motor is strong needs new upper cowl. Gear foot by Ron Thomas. Includes Brown steering bar and kick out bracket.

Send PM if interested.

Gootz
            The motor is no longer available and is gone. (Thanks Butch!)

Gootz

Comment

Gootz I'm so happy for you, you in deed have a first class boat and I know Mike Ross will sttest to this. My offer still stands when I'm at the races. Where is the kick out bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by ott79ce View Post
                Gootz I'm so happy for you, you in deed have a first class boat and I know Mike Ross will sttest to this. My offer still stands when I'm at the races. Where is the kick out bracket?
                Butch,

PM me your address.

Comment

hey butch the kickout bracket will cost $3300.00

Comment

$$$$$

Originally posted by D Shafer View Post
                    hey butch the kickout bracket will cost $3300.00
                    That should cover the tax.

Comment

i know this motor isnt available anymore, but would anyone happen to know how much the 44xs weighs?

Comment

44XS Weight

Mercury lists the motor at 107#

Comment

i have another question on this same motor. whats the horsepower rating on the motor stock, no mods. and what kind of RPMs does this motor turn stock also.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by fabizpwn View Post
                            i have another question on this same motor. whats the horsepower rating on the motor stock, no mods. and what kind of RPMs does this motor turn stock also.

Thank you.
                            The current "stock" (as per APBA rules) 44xs pulls 54.6hp @ 6750RPm.
                            The current "stock" (as per APBA rules) Bass/Tohastu pulls 57.8hp @6500rpm.

Comment

44xs

Short answer: low 50's for HP, 6500-7500 RPM. Horsepower falls off quickly above low 7's.

Long answer: The 44XS motors as produced, are not quite what is raced today... The specs Jeff quoted are from a dyno test of a fully prepared and updated current DSH +.015" 44XS motor, a top performer on a National level.

These motors are race prepped like anything else, and carefully tuned to optimize performance. After all they are race motors. Secondly, there have been a number of parts that have been superseded to newer production versions over the 20 years these motors have been out there. For example, the original pistons were very good, but had three rings of a rectangular cross section. The current pistons are also very good, but have the advantage of a two ring 'keystone' ring design... The original intake port cover and exhaust plate was improved for fishing motors, and those parts superseded the originals and are used in the current race motors. And so on...

For a writeup of how to build a 44XS powerhead which duplicates the factory motors, see Ron Hill's Boat Racing Facts web site, search under '44XS Secrets'. I've provided a whole bunch of 44XS info there, for anyone to use...

Sorry to hijack the original thread, but apparently there are a lot of 44XS questions out there. Maybe start a new thread, devoted to 44XS technical discussion?

Jerry Wienandt
                              Trident Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X