Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30H on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Boat...=1218572511796
    I talked to the seller. Missing distributor and a fuel pump, has compression and lower unit "feels good". He can not find any numbers on power head. I am about 1 hour away from him if someone needs transporting.

He probably doesn't know where to look, you have to take off the top cowl. It doesn't really matter, what does make a difference is that it does have the 30H model serial plate on the bracket ... that makes it one of 2,000 or so legal C Stock race motors from the 1960's and one of 298 factory original 30H's

Comment

30h

Yep, the original serial plate is rare but that may be all that came from an original 30H. Note the lower pan is an electric start with the chrome band. Most likely this is an original 30H tower and the rest is pieced together from other engines. There may not be 2 or 3 complete original 30H engines in the world. Still a good find with that serial plate.

Comment

Good eye ... you are right

Comment

Along these lines... a 20H with serial plate, standard bore, matching block and case... how rare is this in the collector world?

We have four or five 20H's and this is the one my Dad and brother chose to run when we race (still a legal class up here)... I tell them they are nuts, use another one... it's fast though... haha. This old timer called us up about 15 years ago and said come take what he has in his shed for $750 or so... this motor was among the pile of stuff.
          Fralick Racing
          Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Merc made 4,000 of them. It is not common to find one with the factory seal and still running strong ... but I would not say it is rare either. As far as matching numbers on the clamp, block and case ... that still is fairly common, maybe 20% or more of them still a matched set, maybe half or more of those still on original bore. Its not like they are commonly run day after day 24/7. That would make yours one of 400 or 500 in my estimation.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info Sam!
              Fralick Racing
              Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I Have One . Factory Seal ,Original Paint On Cowl ,Tower An Unit. One Race On It An Some Testing

Comment

Working...
                X