Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage DSR ClarKraft, Raced by Steve Fitts. Reduced to $500 FIRM (Last posting :) )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage DSR ClarKraft, Raced by Steve Fitts. Reduced to $500 FIRM (Last posting :) )

***PRICE REDUCED, NEED MONEY FOR RACING! $500 FIRM***

Most trades considered. Will take CSH props in partial or full trade. Would also like a boat trailer with engine box, maybe two boat trailer (I may be able to give boat+$$$ for good trailer).

This boat has some GREAT history behind it. This boat was built in the early 70's by the famous Clark Maloof for the 1968 National High Point Champion Steve Fitts. It was raced by Steve into the late 70's at least as late as 1978. After talking to Steve, this may very well have been his last boat which would explain the great condition its in. From what I was told this boat was painted, as it is now, and hung on the wall of a restaurant in New Hampshire. It stayed there for about 20 years before being sold to two different people before me. I am the first one to ever find history on this beautiful boat. Being a DSR it was built to run a Mercury Mark 55h. The bottom of the boat is solid red and there is evidence that the sides may have been red at one point too. The boat also has a WC (Wilcox-Crittenton) cast steering wheel, but no other hardware. The boat itself is in AMAZING condition considering its 30+ years old. When I bough it, I knew nothing about it, I just thought it would be a great cottage boat. The only thing I can think of is what looks to be paint bubbling or pealing with a temporary fix (see pic). I recently noticed from looking inside it, it appears the top decking was replaced at some point in time, over 25 years ago. It was done by someone who knew what they were doing, considering you can't tell from looking on the outside, one bit.

The first two pictures attached were take at the Regional Championships on Flagstaff Lake in Stratton, Me in 1978 by Peter Crowley.

I am racing CSH this season (my first season), so right now money it TIGHT trying to get everything I need. I am looking for $500 Firm. Will take CSH props in partial or full trade. Would also like a boat trailer with engine box (I may be able to give boat+$$$ for good trailer). The boat is in Windham Maine. I have no trailer to sell with the boat, we can also meet people to probably a 150 miles radius at actual gas costs, at 25mpg. I will be at the race in Kingston New Hampshire and possibly Taunton Mass.

You can respond here, private message me, e-mail me at silas1128@gmail.com, or call me at (207) 615-3124. You can call me any time from 10am-9pm eastern standard time.

For more pics e-mail me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Silas_53A; 07-29-2008, 07:20 AM.
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Bump, This boat can be at Taunton Mass, Sept. 6-7 as well as Kingston NH, Sept. 21-22. I have more pics if interested.
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

bumpiddy bump.
      Silas Jordan
      Windham, Maine
      Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

sale?

still for sale?

Comment

Yup, the boat is still available
          Silas Jordan
          Windham, Maine
          Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

?

can you ship or deliver to va?

Comment

It could probably be shipped down without a problem. But you would have to pay actual costs. :/ unless some arrangements could be made for someone else heading that way to pick it up.
              Silas Jordan
              Windham, Maine
              Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

?

how much would it cost?

Comment

From ME to VA $200? But thats a complete guess, I am at work now, but if you want I can look into it tonight, and get a price. Or you could, try to find how much it would be UPS freight or look for freight companies. A lot of them will give you free quotes, just do a google search.
                  Silas Jordan
                  Windham, Maine
                  Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Working...
                  X