filler block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filler block

I need to find a filler block for my d-mod. Who, where, and how much?
    It's for a mark58.

Thanks.
    Rich Hepton 8-CE
    Ottawa Valley Powerboat Club
    DMH/DSH

Depends on the stack ... I don't think there is a single instance of brand to brand match on the stack side, they are all different. If you don't know which brand you have, a picture will do.
    Last edited by sam; 06-29-2008, 06:41 AM.

Comment

What brand pipes?.......every manu. had a different offset from ports to side cover opening..also round holes at cover or rectangle?.......any pics if unknown?

My Bayer system and my Hustler will not share filler........Quincy is round holes on early style/steel.......etc, etc.......

19P
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

The stack's are Bayer.

Thanks
        Rich Hepton 8-CE
        DMH/DSH

Comment

Anyone got Dudley's number handy?....Will look/post later...head'n out for now...

19P
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

405-721-2755

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

if it is a bayer system you can get them from dudly malone, or the filler blocks that eric vanover / cliff johnson makes for the obrien system will work also on the bayer system.

the obrien style is a self contained water cooling filler block and work s well
              and for the most part comes ready to install takes little prep and can be installed with RTV

the bayer filler blocks can be made to be water cooled but it takes a little machine work..

to seat the bayer fillerblock water tight use "Smooth-On pc-66-295 Durcon epoxy cement" also known as PC-3 found at this link http://www.smooth-on.com/epoxy.htm
              properly installed works just fine (Note exhaust cavity for this install must be clean clean clean and dry no oil at all or it will fail)

also alan vanwheel will be coming into some bayer type filler blocks soon if i am not mistakin

guess it all depends on how fast you want one and how much time you have to Git-er-Done

Hope this helps

Randy
              Last edited by RandY Aveline; 07-10-2008, 11:17 PM.
              Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

great

Great info.
                The past couple of times I had to reseal, I used ultra-copper permatex silicone. It works for a while, but didn't last. I have no water in the cylider's thankfully.

I always want to git-er-done, or just plain hammer down
                But young kid's=$$$ So I have to be good.
                Rich Hepton 8-CE
                DMH/DSH

Comment

rich
                  i have used both type filler blocks, and water cooled both with no leakage.. the "Smooth-On" , if used set the filler block a little high and fly cut it down to flush, take a wet finger before done and actually smooth out the edges along the filler block at both contact points on exhaust cavity and filler block) inside and out to flow properly
                  it has little or no shrinkage stands up to the heat very well and is chemical resistant .. it is made for lab quality counter tops to take heat and chemical spills

best to use the obrien for 100 percent no leaks (if water cooled). and should probably be used water cooled due to size of filler block

the bayer can be made to do the same properly done, altho if you are not going to water cool it the bayer has considerably less area to get hot and expand so to speak and would probably be best, if you are not going to water cool

i under stand the child raising thing and they will always take first when it comes to kid or boat LOL

glad mine are raised and gone! well err kinda for the most part errrr something like that

still not used to this empty nester thing lolololol

Randy
                  Last edited by RandY Aveline; 07-12-2008, 09:35 PM. Reason: add info
                  Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                  X