• Tow Vehicle for Sale/2001 Excursion

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4X4
    SOLD 2-19-09
    PRICE 10,995.00 as of 1-7-09

Metallic Red w/light tan/beige trim, 6.8 liter Gas engine
    Automatic 4 speed w/OD4R100 Transmission
    Power everything and everything works, AM/FM/CD w/6 disc changer
    Heated Light Tan Leather Seats, third row seating, 7 passenger
    Alloy wheels, 3.73 limited slip rear axle, HD trailer tow pkg,9600lb tow cap.
    Tow hooks, luggage rack on top, K&N air filter,Side Mirrors extnd for Towing
    Keyless entry, rear heat and AC, Husky brand cargo and floor liners have protected carpet since vehicle was new. New sticker price was 41K plus.

89,000 miles, New Transmission 10,000 miles ago, new tires, battery, and Flowmaster muffler 3000 miles ago, Oil and filter changed regularly every 3000miles and all scheduled maintenance performed. Upgraded brakes (better rotors and ceramic pads

Call "Bill" at 636-942-2283 or e-mail to randbenter@earthlink.net
    I have a spam blocker so if you e-mail, put "excursion info" in your heading so I will get it. PICTURES AVAILIABLE
    Last edited by bill van steenwyk; 02-19-2009, 07:42 PM. Reason: Price Reduced as of 1-7-09

?

Bill,

What kind of mileage do you get towing?

Mark

Comment

towing milage

Mark:

When I towed my enclosed racing trailer, which was basically the same height and width as the vehicle, I got about 12 MPG @ 70-75 MPH. My deck boat is wider than the vehicle (more wind resistance overall and heavier) and I got between 10 and 11 MPG. After I put the flowmaster muffler on I never pulled the deck boat with it, but that increased the milage 1 to 1 1/2 MPG. It will get almost 13 MPG at 70-75 MPH without a trailer. It operates at about 2000 RPM at that speed. If you slowed down a little (60-65) it would probably do a little better. If you are further interested, let me know and I will e-mail you some pictures.

Short and to the point, it has so much power with the V-10 that towing doesn't have too much of an effect on milage unless you tried to tow something really heavy. I had an aquaintance that had the same vehicle with the 5.4 liter V-8 and I got better milage by far than he did, especially towing.

Comment

price reduction

With the price of gas back down, this would be a really great buy for someone looking for a tow vehicle in like new condition. Pictures availiable if interested. Price reduced to 10,995.00 as of 1-7-09

Comment

Vehicle Sold

GOT LUCKY WITH A CRAIGSLIST SHOPPER

Thanks to all who inquired.

Comment

Working...
          X