44xs parts needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44xs parts needs

Anyone know the contact information for Steve Harington?
    I am looking for cowling sets for a pair of 44xs units I am building.

I am also looking for any legal gearfoot assemblies or parts for 44xs and 25xs.

Thanks,
    Mark DuMoulin 21-N

self reply

Looks like nobody is interested. This explains the lack of growth.

Mark DuMoulin 21-N 631.484.6960

Comment

44xs

Mark,
      We ran into some of the same problems this last winter putting together our 44XS's and 25XS's. There is some stuff For Sale from time to time on Hydro Racer. Do a search and see what comes up. Contact Dave Scott as he has some of the parts that you need for the engines and he can give you some contact information. The gear foots seem to be hard to find but I understand that there is some tooling going on to reproduce the gearcases in the future. I will look on the box our last cowling came in and see what the address it came from. I ran our 44XS and 25XS in the Winter Nationals last month and had a blast. Still working on the setup. What hull do you have? Don't give up! You can call me if you want to talk 352-875-6126 cell or shop 352-840-5477.
      Best of luck,
      Mike

Comment

I do not have Steve's info

Hey mark,

I do not have Steve's new contact info. I tried his last e-mail address I had with no luck.

I have parts for the lower units but NO cases.

Here is the deal.

1200-2000$ SolidWorks 3D solids models of the case
        10-15K$ - Moulds for gearcase..

100 Gearcases - 5-10k
        Machining. 10k

How many people want one, by my e-mails and counts I have about 10 people that want a gearcase complete or otherwise.

The math just does not add up. If APBA wants to step in and HELP with the costs then we can look into this further, but until I get some serious numbers I am not going to invest $$ in these to have them sit in a box waiting for sales. I just do not have that kind of money.

the above rough prices would put an empty gearcase ready to assemble but not profiled at 300-350 per.

Regards,

Dave Scott
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Palmquist.....

Ck with Brian as I know he had mentioned wanting to move some extras.

His Email- bpquick1@aol.com
          17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

You might consider building up a D mod. You can use available gear cases and you don't need cowls.

Comment

Check your PM's, Mark.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Thanks for all the responses here. I put a call in to Steve and hope to hear back soon. Still looking for the gearcase housings but there is a speck of light out there.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X