A/B ? Quincy LOOPER E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/B ? Quincy LOOPER E-Bay

How many of these still runn'n around?....Any good pic's...HISTORY....Storys?
    I traded cyl+ pipes for one to Dewald for a prop a couple years ago....Said he used to race'm in-the-day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960s...QQcmdZViewItem

Seems a little pricey... but today what's too MUCH ?

19P
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-02-2008, 05:33 AM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

6,000 is the starting bid. yikes!!!!! And he also says he knows nothing about the motor.
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

A $2,000 start might have gotten bids, but $6,000 is dreaming. How much higher is the reserve? $10,000? $12,000?

If you are using a reserve price auction there is no reason for a high starting bid; you can start at $1 and you are still protected by the reserve.

Without seeing the motor in person, I'd say the value was somewhere in the $3,000 range for most potential buyers, but I'd put this caution on it ... if the seller knows so little about the motor and its value, how do we know his "restoration" is accurate?

If the seller knew what he was selling he would have at least been able to find the serial number and advertise whether it was an A or a B

Comment

Quincy on eBay......

The seller e-mailed me with the serial number. FA127

Comment

Hi All,

I checked the FA 127 serial number in the original Quincy Welding production log book and I can only tell you now that the name of the person first on record is someone that most of you would recognize the name of.

When I started verifying Loopers, I went on Boat Racing Facts and made it perfectly clear that I would only verify serial numbers of motors after people purchased them or at the current owner's request. To do this is only fair because there are many Loopers out there that have yet to be verified and some could be potentially famous and extremely valuable.

That way it keeps a level playing field for everyone out there hunting for bargains.

Thanks and Good Luck Hunting,

Paul A Christner
          Last edited by Original Looper 1; 03-02-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Isn't the fuel pump on wrong side for a early 20H style crankcase?.....Or was this a newer Quincy crankcase motor and how did the mag mount?....were the belt drive mags Quincy crankcase motors?

19P
            Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-02-2008, 03:24 PM.
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

If I can provide a few looper serial numbers, would someone be able to give me a bit more info about them?
              Mark Krzyzanowski
              32-CE

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 32 View Post
                If I can provide a few looper serial numbers, would someone be able to give me a bit more info about them?
                Paul can tell you who bought them and when

Comment

Fa127.........

From what I remember, the fuel pump is correct for early 20H application. It isn't a split case so I'm sure it was not a Quincy late model case. With the early generation exhaust assemblies (unless they were updated with the divider) it is VERY early. Still hauls the mail, but O. F. kept adding MPH's and like the proverbial carrot hanging in front of the mule, we waited for every improvement he came up with. Not like today.............back then he said "Dollars=mph". He doesn't know how easy he was on all of us Quincy owners. (Or maybe he does)

Comment

Originally posted by treadguy View Post
                    From what I remember, the fuel pump is correct for early 20H application. It isn't a split case so I'm sure it was not a Quincy late model case. With the early generation exhaust assemblies (unless they were updated with the divider) it is VERY early. Still hauls the mail, but O. F. kept adding MPH's and like the proverbial carrot hanging in front of the mule, we waited for every improvement he came up with. Not like today.............back then he said "Dollars=mph". He doesn't know how easy he was on all of us Quincy owners. (Or maybe he does)
                    Is there any any publication that covers the history of Quincy ?

19P

Comment

fuel pump

steve,

the fuel pump is correct for the looper. i have an a looper (fa10) which is an early model and the fuel pump is on the same side. the belt and mag were a later option. for history of quincy got to www.boatracingfacts.com and go to the quincy welding forum. however paul (originallooper1) and his family are lauching a new web site very soon for quincy welding. from what i have heard it's going to be super!!!!!

frank

Comment

Working...
                      X