Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D pistons: NOS Merc 1-.015" over & 1-.030" over

New price: $75 each Jan 22, 2008
    NOS Merc pistons. These are legal three ring pistons for 44XS & others...

$75 each includes postage in the lower 48 States

743-7716A2 0.030" oversize, NOS, w/rings. clips & pin.

743-3366A2 0.015" oversize, NOS, w/rings & pin (no clips)

Pics available to serious buyer(s).

Thanks, Tom
    Last edited by 25xs; 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM. Reason: lowered price from 90 to 75 ea

New price Jan 22, 2008 $75.00 each

I changed the price when I check dealer cost on them. Again, these are the older 3-ring pistons. Rulebook says it's allowed to "collapse" the bottom ring to make them urn like the 2-ring pistons.

Comment

please email me pictures 1 of out side and 1 of underneath side inside the piston its self !
      nos ? mercury pistons ??
      new ??
      used ?
      p.s if they are weisco pistons cancel the email
      Smoker_49@hotmail.com

thanks
      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

I don't have my rule book in front of me and we're having some conflict in our discussion... Are the Wiseco pistons allowed in the Merc D 44xs APBA stock?

Comment

No!

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
          I don't have my rule book in front of me and we're having some conflict in our discussion... Are the Wiseco pistons allowed in the Merc D 44xs APBA stock?
          Josh,

Mercury Stock 3 Ring, Stock 2 Ring, Sierra and Vertex Only.

Regards,
          Dave Scott
          Aim Marine Inc.
          613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
          Ottawa, Canada
          http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
          DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Thanks Dave,

I'm not arguing... just clearing things up. Below is a clip from the 2008 meeting minutes at the annual meeting. Again, I'm in a location that I can't get to my rule book to see how the entire rule is stated. However, by looking at this, i would seem as though that rule has changed. Am I missing something? Maybe when i get home tonight, i'll grab my book at read into more. I must be missing something.

"66. It was moved and seconded to approve the D Class Superthunderbolt Proposed Changes submitted by Alan Akerstrom. MOTION PASSED.

The Superthunderbolt changes are as follows:

Super Thunderbolt Proposed Changes: Page #’s are from the 2007 Stock Outboard rules.

Page 69 rule#1 Blocks. Change to: Blocks must be 44 cu.in. service blocks that have “Super Thunderbolt” cast in them.

Page 69 rule #4 Flywheels. Change to: Any flywheel allowable for the 55H motor shall be allowed on the Super Thunderbolt.

Page 70 rule #18 Cowlings. Add the use of the 44xs cowls with a Super Thunderbolt to the existing OEM cowls listed as allowable.

Page 70 rule #19 Pistons. Change to: Aftermarket pistons manufactured by Sierra, Vertex, and Wiseco +.020”part # 1049PS / +.040” 1049P2 as well as Mercury pistons shall be allowed on the Super Thunderbolt. "

Comment

Super T-Bolt only

Josh,

Those are the only two Wiseco pistons allowed and you can only get those pistons from ME with those specific part #'s. those are the pistons I had custom made for the small wrist pin 44 early super t-bolt engines. They are not legal nor will they work unmodified in a 44xs - therefore they are not legal for 44Xs DSH. Those pistons only fit a 600-4 rod. Hope that clarifies it. There is a separate rule for DSH than for Super Thunderbolt.

Regards,
              Dave Scott
              Aim Marine Inc.
              613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
              Ottawa, Canada
              DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

ahhhhh yes... thank you very much. I have seen the light, oh wise one. Your lessons and teachings I will carry with me throughout my journies

thanks again

Josh

P.S. I lost the bet with my tech guy (aka.. dad). Now I have to help him put a new roof on his cabin. BUT, at least I won't get thrown out of my next race.

Comment

Yes no get too work!!!

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
                  ahhhhh yes... thank you very much. I have seen the light, oh wise one. Your lessons and teachings I will carry with me throughout my journies

thanks again

Josh

P.S. I lost the bet with my tech guy (aka.. dad). Now I have to help him put a new roof on his cabin. BUT, at least I won't get thrown out of my next race.
                  WAX ON WAX OFF WAX ON WAX OFF. -

RGDS,
                  Dave Scott
                  Aim Marine Inc.
                  613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                  Ottawa, Canada
                  DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

I'm confused and quite late, are these small or large wrist pin pistons and do you still have them?

Ron Baker
                    Ron Baker E-Mod Hydro R-38
                    sigpic

Comment

These are large wrist pin pistons. Still have them.

These are large wrist pin pistons. Still have them.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X