Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Fillerblock; 30ci Mercury by Courtois

SOLD 1/3/2007 Thanks HR

$XX.XX to your door in the lower 48 states. I have no other parts besides the plate/fillerblock shown.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 25xs; 01-03-2008, 01:08 PM. Reason: sold

Filler bloclk

Thought you might be interested in a little history of that part and the individual who produced it. Walter Lee Courtois was one of the few people to make his living out of kneel down racing in the 60`s & 70`s. Worked out of his basement and garage. He was one of the first to make the all steel welded mid section. Sold hundreds of them. The filler block you have was meant to be an iprovement for the Quincy two into one exh, system, You took your Quincy pipes and cut them out the steel plate leaving a flange to mount them. You can still see the shape of the pipes on the filler block in your photo. The theory was that would not have as much heat distortion as the complete steel flange covering the filler block Nobody ran water around the filler block in those days. This was kind of the step between the Quincy pipes and the all aluminum Bayer pipies. Their was many of these produced and sold also. Had them on my engines. Don`t know if the made any difference or not. Walter also was one hell of an engine builder. If you wanted to go fast with a mod you had to have one. He also was one of the best runabout drivers I ever seen. Almost unbeatable in the NOA days.
    Art K

Comment

Working...
    X