Konig 12:15 Lower Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konig 12:15 Lower Unit

I have a 12:15 Konig Lower Unit for sale. This was one of the last two 12:15units brought from Germany to the States. The outside of the case has not been polished. The lower unit is good condition:

- There is a pin-prick leak on the left side (top portion of lower half just under the split). I have sealed with a hard expoxy and this has prevented leaking. Please see photo (patch is much larger than leak area).

- Gears turn-over very nicely by hand. Unit has always been stored with oil inside.

- Useage has been no more than 8 racing heats under 2-cylinder 250 and 2-cylinder 350. Unit was last run at PRO Nationals in 2007 during a brief test session (blown engine insured briefness of session ).

I am asking $450 with 10% going to HR. Shipping will be via 10-day ground FedEx on me. Express delivery will be on buyer.

e-mail or PM with questions.

Thanks,

David
    Attached Files
    David Weaver

Polish

David,
    That lower unit could certainly use a little polishing! An SOS pad would take it to the next level.

Comment

Bill

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer View Post
      David,
      That lower unit could certainly use a little polishing! An SOS pad would take it to the next level.
      Just send the $$ and I will send you the LU with an SOS pad!!

This lower unit is still available.
      David Weaver

Comment

12:15 Price Reduction

OK, too many hits and not enough interest. I will drop the price to $375 with shipping on the buyer.

Thanks,

David
        David Weaver

Comment

big or small case?

David,

Is that the big or small 12:15 case?

thanks,

Josh Kimble
          H-32

Comment

David, I'll take it. - Tim

Comment

Konig Unit

Originally posted by jkimble12 View Post
              David,

Is that the big or small 12:15 case?

thanks,

Josh Kimble
              H-32
              Josh,

Konig only made one size. This unit is most suitable for a 4-cylinder engine. I would have some concerns about placing it under a 2-cylinder 350 for an extended period of use. I do not know if the case could adapted to accept the larger-style 12:15 gears that are available.

I hope that this helps.

David

David
              David Weaver

Comment

split-case

By the 80s Konig was making two sizes of 'split-cases'. The small one was typically seen on the two cylinder 3rd port/reed 'A' motor.
                The two I have had were both 12:15s, while the regular size VC/VD units were 14:15s,
                although both were available in other ratios. It is not obvious which one u are looking at unless u have the two sizes to compare. I bought my first small case by mistake, as both the seller and I thought it was a regular size case.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bh/; 12-28-2007, 09:14 AM. Reason: error
                Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Standard Size Then

Originally posted by bh/ View Post
                  By the 80s Konig was making two sizes of 'split-cases'. The small one was typically seen on the two cylinder 3rd port/reed A motor. The two I have had were both 12:15s, while the regular size VC/VD units were 15:16s,
                  although both were available in other ratios. It is not obvious which one u are looking at unless u have the two sizes to compare. I bought my first small case by mistake, as both the seller and I thought it was a regular size case.
                  This unit matches closely to other standard 12:15 and 11:15 units, so I assume that it is the standard size meant for 250's and 350's from Konig.

David
                  David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
                    This unit matches closely to other standard 12:15 and 11:15 units, so I assume that it is the standard size meant for 250's and 350's from Konig.

David
                    the 11:15 and 12:15 units are the small cases (KONIG), only available that way. 12:14, 14:15, 14:14 ratios were the larger gears and cases(KONIG). Other manufacturers are making large case 12:15 units with larger gears to handle the massive torque hit from the new twin 350 engines.

-Paul

Comment

Thanks for the reminder David. I keep getting my Konig and Konny stuff mixed up. How is the progress on the new boat for the worlds?

Josh Kimble

H-32

Comment

Sold on HR

The Konig lower unit has been spoken for by Mr. Chance.

Thanks to all,

David
                        David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                        X