Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Racer

Hello,

The last time I raced a boat I was 13 yrs. old. Now at 47 I want to race again. Thanks to friends new and old I am going to make it happen.
    I purchased a new D hydro with a 44XS from my new friend Dave Scott.
    Dave was very helpful and I hope I can live up to the nice equipment
    he built. I have run the boat on the Ohio River near my home. My question
    is; safety equipment. I see the ads but I am not sure which way to go.
    Any suggestions would be welcomed. I want to make the TRORA Fall Race
    this year.

Thanks,

Doug 87-P

Hi Doug,

Welcome back! do the right thing buy all new safety gear to go with your fresh new start contact Patrick Gleason who is a member and sponsor of HydroRacer.Net Patrick will sell you a full set of SRP gear at a nice racer discount

You can find the contact information for Patrick on the front page of HR.

Good to have you back!
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

great news

Hey Doug,

I was almost getting ready to ask if I could buy that boat back.. LOL. Great too see you out and getting ready, Dan is correct buy all new stuff and get started right. You should try to make it to crystal lake if you can as well. I know it;s a long drive but it would be good to see you and the rig run. We might even have an extra AXSH to put your daughter in to try out.

Regards,
      Dave Scott
      Aim Marine Inc.
      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
      Ottawa, Canada
      http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

David,

You can't have the boat back! I like it to much. Things are starting to move along now. I bought an enclosed trailer and set it up to hall (2) boats.
        I got an A runabout for my daughter, but at 16 who knows if she will
        follow through (boys, cars, etc...). Crystal Lake sounds good. I'll keep
        in touch.

Doug

Comment

Have her bring the boys along...they might be good new candidates for our sport!

Dan
          O-49

Comment

No brainer

Just tell her how many boys her age race. You won't have problems getting her to come then. Plus, I have yet to find a guy who isn't way into the fact that I race. I was an almost instant celebrity in my tech class cuz 1) I knew how a carborator worked, 2) I knew the basic internal layout of an outboard motor, and 3) I could rip duct tape with my bare hands. When they found out I raced, well, I sorta had to bring a flyswatter to class. If she's really that into guys, I can't imagine why she WOULDN'T want to race, or at least come to the races.
            64W & 22B

Comment

hey spunkster

hey spunkster ,dad reads this now & then ya want to give him the big one !
              Also thats carburetor just remember its burrrator like Burrrrrlington.

Dad # 2

If the tub don't fly get a bigger motor

Comment

Thanks #2

Yea, I never could spell. I'm way into fon-i-ks. Thanks bud.
                64W & 22B

Comment

Quar boy

Is that French ? thats how thay spell choir down south !! haa!!

#2-1/2dad

Comment

Mais non!

en francais, c'est le choeur. But there is a french word choir, it's a verb meaning to drop or to fall. It's a synonym to the verb tomber. Learn something new everyday.
                    64W & 22B

Comment

Working...
                    X