Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intro and trailer question

Hello all,
    My name is Cedrake. I have been looking into getting into racing. I have introduced my self to some of the community over on face book and have been taken back by how warm and welcoming this community is. any way I am hopping to do a boat school in October. and am going to try and hold off on buying a boat until after that. in the mean time I have come across some extra material and have a small trailer to work on as a base. Does any one have some pictures of a single boat trailer with a motor mount. Most of the open trailers I have found pictures of have been for 3 or more boats. I am hoping to keep this on the light side so I can pull it behind my Acadia. What is a good width and length for the bunks.
    Thanks
    Cedrake

Hello Cedrake,

Go to the APBA web site and check for a race near you and ask lots of questions about boats, motors and trailers. As your post suggests the people there will be happy to answer all of your questions.

And have fun.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Cedrake,

It would also be helpful if you can give your general location to see if there is any other racer near you that can offer assistance.
      Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

• ZUL8TR
        ZUL8TR commented
        Editing a comment
        Per his info Clayton NC

There is a driving school October 1st at the race in Wilson, NC. The single boat trailers that I have seen all have had the motor mounted on the boat or in their vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dew1us View Post
        Cedrake,

It would also be helpful if you can give your general location to see if there is any other racer near you that can offer assistance.
        NO BRAINER----33 miles from Clayton to Wilson!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I got the info I was looking for I will definitely be at the race in Wilson in October for the driving school. I am just trying to put together a temporary trailer solution in case a good deal close to me popes up.
          Cedrake

Comment

Cedrake,

Attached are pictures from a small trailer I made 20+ years ago when I had 1 boat and 1 motor.

I used a small boat trailer and added a very long tube so I could put the deck down. On the back we put a job box to put stuff in. It fit an ez up and tool and etc. You can see the motor rack in front of the tool box. Later I added the upper rail to take a second boat on. Now we just use it when we go testing or to transport a boat somewhere. With the wheels as far back as they are it pulls like a dream. It is heavy so those little tires need to be as many plys as you can find, can't remember what that is and at 75 those tires must be really spinning.

Let me know if you need more pics.

Tad.

Comment

Tad
              Nice compact trailer. Yes the 8" wheels are really spinning at 75 mph (I would never run those at 75) and they wear out fast. Those look like 4.80-8" tires on the trailer. If these type small wheels are to be used I would use at least 5.70-8" for a larger inflated diameter or better with 4.80-12" or better yet 5.30-12" with greatest inflated outer diameter.
              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Cedrake,

As you mentioned, CVRA will be having a race in Wilson, NC with a driver’s school on Friday, October 1st. Racing will be held on Sat/Sun. If you are interested in the driver’s school, you can sign up on our website, www.CVRA racing.org. Click on “Driver’s School” and read up about the experience. You can register and pay on the link on the bottom. If you have any questions, email me at CSR311J@gmail.com.

Shawn Breisacher
                Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Thanks for the heads up registration had opened for it just signed up
                  Cedrake

Comment

• 3rd Chance
                    3rd Chance commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's great. We're looking forward to having you!
                Working...
                X