Running a Yamato 102 in 25 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a Yamato 102 in 25 class

I’m looking at running my 102 in the stock 25ssr class in short coarse and marathon, what would I have to do? Is there a restrictor plate or is it in the setup of the motor, height and kick out/under? I have a CSR marathon boat that’s 13’6”+ but I also have a couple 10’ short coarse boats I’d like to run in the 25 class. Any insight would be great, thanks in advance.

o The Yamato 102s and 302s may run a 9/16" restrictor at 430 lbs minimum weight.
    o The Yamato 102s and 302s have the alternative of running a 1/2" restrictor at 405 lbs (the current weight).

This is the current rule of of the Stock Tech manual.
    Shawn Breisacher

Comment

• bh/
      bh/ commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder how that parity rule is working out , especially for short course runabouts ? I think I would go for the 9/16" @430#. That way, for only a 6% increase in weight, one gets a 27% increase in carb area. It would appear though that a good 25xs is still the way to go. Nuccio seems to own the Nats with his.

Ok, thank you I appreciate the reply. Where might one find the restrictor plates?

Comment

Originally posted by Dconn83 View Post
      Ok, thank you I appreciate the reply. Where might one find the restrictor plates?
      Lee Tietze.. Machined Components.... he is on this sight. Or, Tom Johnston... ie TJ.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
      X