Active classes in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active classes in Florida

Hi Everyone- I'm interested in getting into some small boat racing and was wondering what classes are active around me here in Florida (or the SE USA)? I like the idea of building my own boat and building up a racing engine from a fishing motor (if this can be done cost effectively), so if any classes are more accessible from this perspective thats where I'd like to start.

Also is there an APBA club chapter for this area? In in St. petersburg FL.

Thanks!

Andrew S

Good morning. I sent a tex to someone who might be able to help you in your area. Hopefully he can help

Comment

Asumption- I just sent you a message here to hopefully help you

Comment

Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
        Asumption- I just sent you a message here to hopefully help you
        Hi 1100- Thanks! I'll message your contact person here

Comment

I'm sure you will get more replies. Welcome as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by asumpton View Post
            Hi Everyone- I'm interested in getting into some small boat racing and was wondering what classes are active around me here in Florida (or the SE USA)? I like the idea of building my own boat and building up a racing engine from a fishing motor (if this can be done cost effectively), so if any classes are more accessible from this perspective thats where I'd like to start.

Also is there an APBA club chapter for this area? In in St. petersburg FL.

Thanks!

Andrew S
            Contact APBA.... 586-773-9700..... Or NBRA, they are on this site.
            Last edited by DeanFHobart; 03-28-2020, 12:19 PM.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Hi asumpton - Ron Selewach lives in Tampa. His company builds the Sidewinder racing engines. He lives on a private lake that we can test boats/motors on anytime. He's easy to get to know, his email is rselewach@hrmc.com; feel free to reach out to him. He's mostly into hydro's and motors; I'm mostly into runabouts and building boats.
              Welcome to the sport.
              Dave Harrell

Comment

Working...
              X