Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatiron
    replied
    I have a open Trailer I use for hauling a New Fabbro CSR and a CSH. In 2 years of racing my boats have suffered no Damage. I like a open Trailer because it makes for good conversation with non boat racing people and it's real easy for putting little kids in the Top Boat for photo shoots. Mine is for sale because I like staying at the Race site that's the only reason. The V nose means nothing for Aero dynamics. If it did every semi going down the road would have a V nose Trailer. I have a friend that owns a Trucking company and I have asked the same Question. As far as size with your boats don't go any smaller than 7×14

Leave a comment:

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    With open trailers what problems have any had with overnight stays at motels with vandals, theft, etc?

Leave a comment:

• pops67g
    replied
    If you go with the narrower trailer you will wish very shortly that you had the extra room. With the smaller vehicle you have, the V-nose should pull easier due to less wind resistance. Our boats are lasting much longer because they are stored dry and out of the sun about 98% of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Brian10s
    replied
    I’ve had an open trailer forever. Never had any issues with road rash. Bottom boat had one race on it in this pic. The biggest issue is storage. If you can store trailer outside, then enclosed is the answer. If you have to store inside, then the open is the answer.
    There are pros and cons to esch. Ends up what is your preference and what can your wallet handle.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Crews
    replied
    I have pulled CSH's on an open trailer for several years with no road debris damage so for me that would not be a deciding factor.

Leave a comment:

• ScatCat
    started a topic Trailer: Enclosed vs. Open experience and advice

Trailer: Enclosed vs. Open experience and advice

Looking into trailers. Drive a V6 Honda Odyssey. Want to purchase a trailer to hold 2 boats, 1 CSH/300SSH and 1 CSR Marathon (12'6" to 13'). A few questions:
    1. Would you put a new boat on an open trailer? Do you get lots of road rash (stones etc.) that damage boats on an open trailer?
    2. If you were to get an enclosed cargo trailer...
      1. What is the minimum size 6x14? 7x14?
      2. Would you get a vnose or square?
      3. Would you get a single or dual axle? Remember, being pulled by minivan?
    3. What other questions should I be asking that I'm not asking?

Thanks!
Working...
X