CLEANING A BLOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEANING A BLOCK

I picked up a 500 Merc to build a 44 mod ,it is all disassembled but it is greasy and grimy.I am always told to work smarter not harder,looking through the grease and grime removers I noticed that the dishwasher is almost empty so in goes the soap and in walks the wife , she says what the h do you think you are doing , I said I am working smarter not harder, she said you will be smart to get that out of there. 30 more seconds more and i would have got away with it.

You can get much the same reaction when you use the oven to heat blocks to get cylinder sleeves out.

Comment

Sam just remember to always have lots of boats so that when your wife gets mad you can sell a few boats and still have lots of boats!!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Another thing I have done on baked on oil. Easy off oven cleaner

Comment

baking carbon fibre in the oven and/or toaster oven doesn't vote any better just as a fair warning!
          turn fins turned out great though!
          ----
          Graham18ce
          Team Canada ThunderCat
          Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
          Twitter @FralickRacing
          Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Years ago a less than satisfactory wife wanted to make money from divorcing me. Kinda silly, I had no money. After I gave her carriage of sale for a house, she sued me for running down the value of the property. Two complaints stand out in my memory.

One complaint in court was about rabbit **** on the back of the sofa. That was my daughters rabbit and that's what it did and it did it just before she came to inspect. Rabbit turds are real easy to clean up and leave no memories. Another complaint was about engine parts in the bathtub.I was cleaning a block I had just honed and I like using the bathtub more than the kitchen sink. First detergent and hot water then oiled paper towels until nothing showed on the Charmin .

The judge was not impressed and the suit failed. I still had to spend money on a lawyer.

Comment

Find a machine shop with a vapor degreaser. Yes you will pay, but someone else is doing it.

Comment

Totally awesome ( yes that’s what it’s called ) degreaser for at most dollar stores works awesome when cleaning the castor oil from konigs. Spray it on let it sit a few mins, usually in the sunlight, and spray with a water hose. Keeps konigs looking brand new!!

Comment

• KURPS
                  KURPS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Castrol Purple Cleaner works super fast when cleaning the castor off a Konig too.
              Working...
              X