Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

My son Josh and I took our driver course last Friday in Franklin, PA! We're very excited about hydro racing and looking forward to getting a boat or two and getting into the game.

My daughter is also interested, but was unable to make the course, although plans are in the works to get her the course and seat time.

At this point I think we're looking to go 302SSH. I like the idea of the class parity, so it should be a lot of fun.

Already considering building a boat and have been scouring the web for plans and parts and anything I can find on the building process. I have been a hobbyist woodworker for over 20 years, and also have some past experience with working in fiberglass (I used to work for a company that built boats for the U.S. Navy and I was in the hull crew) so I am confident that I can get it done.

Can't wait to start mixing it up on the course with everyone :-)

Ed, Freda, Josh and Kaity Lance
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Welcome to the fun!!
    302ssH is a great choice for a class.
    Best of luck!

Comment

At the spring MHRA meeting there was some discussion about a cnc kit boat that would be ideal for someone just starting out in 302 or C . Maybe someone has more information and could expand on this here .

Comment

I am building a B&H Kit right now for my Granddaughter for K-Pro and I highly recommend a C-Stock/Mod B&H by Sam Hemp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
          My son Josh and I took our driver course last Friday in Franklin, PA! We're very excited about hydro racing and looking forward to getting a boat or two and getting into the game.

My daughter is also interested, but was unable to make the course, although plans are in the works to get her the course and seat time.

At this point I think we're looking to go 302SSH. I like the idea of the class parity, so it should be a lot of fun.

Already considering building a boat and have been scouring the web for plans and parts and anything I can find on the building process. I have been a hobbyist woodworker for over 20 years, and also have some past experience with working in fiberglass (I used to work for a company that built boats for the U.S. Navy and I was in the hull crew) so I am confident that I can get it done.

Can't wait to start mixing it up on the course with everyone :-)

Ed, Freda, Josh and Kaity Lance
          I am not sure where you are from but I would like to let you know you could get some "driving time" this October at a place called Oleopolis, PA. A fellow named Charlie Fry has a Fun Run every year and he brings a boat with him that is set up safe enough for everyone to drive. It is a very good time also. We have had many racers show up to test their rigs for one last time before putting them away for the winter.
          I even think Charlie has an old VHS tape on building your own boat from Sorenson.

Dates to follow at summers end.

Mike Stevenson - 45P

Comment

Thanks guys!

Still looking and messaging with a few folks. Not in any hurry as I have some expenditures I need to make this year around the house and I need a new transmission in my truck (diesel, so it's not a cheap tranny). We're looking at being up and running next year.

Would still like to build one, but that's not a definite. We definitely plan to come to as many events as we can this year even if it is to just watch and help out where we can (tow boat, flag boat, help a racer if we can, or whatever).

Mike, I live in Nickleville, PA....12 miles north of Emlenton (I-80) and about an hour from the Ohio line.

We'll add Oleopolis to the list for sure.
            Dane Lance
            700-P
            CSH/500Mod

Comment

Ed,

Great to year you enjoyed your experience at Franklin and are excited about joining our sport. I met you at the end of the day Sunday...I'm the guy who put you in the towboat. Hope you learned a few things out on the water. Definitley a good way to learn by watching the races while on the course.
              Our next TRORA race is planned for August 15-16 in Zanesville, Oh. I'm happy to help guide you along the path to getting started in racing. There's a lot to learn...I'm sure you have questions. I've been racing since 1977 and former club Commodore, and can give you some pretty sound, straightforward advice.
              Best to call my cell. 513-703-6145. Don't hesitate to call.
              Dana

Comment

• Dennis Crews
                Dennis Crews commented
                Editing a comment
                Way to step up dholt. You just removed one of those barriers to entering our sport that we see posted here from time to time. Job well done.
                Last edited by Dennis Crews; 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM.

Ah, yes, the schedule. I see on the copy of the 2015 sched I have there is an event listed on June 13-14 "Millville, NJ (NE Divisionals) - Mosquito lake, OH (T)"....what does the "(T)" mean for the Mosquito Lake event? We're looking at coming out for that one.

Also, on the sched I have, Aug 15-16 says Stoneboro, PA?

Dana, thanks, yes, had a good time on the tow boat. The boat owner/driver (forgot his name already...I'm horrible with names)...he was a hoot. He was very calm, pleasant fellow to talk to, then suddenly he'd burst out yelling at the drivers as they came racing past...hahaha. In a strange sort of way, reminded me of my grandfather when he was watching wrestling on Saturday afternoon (never did convince grandpa that wrestling was just an act...he swore it was real) :-)
              Dane Lance
              700-P
              CSH/500Mod

Comment

Ed,
                Mosquito and stoneboro not happening this year. The (T) stands for tentative. Milville will be a big event run by another club. Call me anytime you'd like to talk

Comment

MRC has full size plans for boats. Contact Blueskyracer here on hydroracer.net

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Working...
                  X