Racing Revisited......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Revisited......

I use to race years ago in Region 3 and I will be at Millville,NJ race. I just had a few questions, thinking of maybe starting up again and getting my kids involved too, if anyone has the time to answer Thank You!
    1. What class is AXSR?
    2. What engines are used for the ASR class today?
    3. Does anyone have a ready to race ASR rig For Sale? Near Region 3
    4. Is LifeLine the only Life Jacket used today?
    5. What time does the party start Friday night at Millville? Johnny?
    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

A lot of people use Security Race Products life jackets.

http://www.securityrace.com/opening.htm

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

In answer to your questions. Racing is a little more complicated than it was 30years ago. I hope your comprehension level has improved since then. If not do what I do, just bring the beer and leave the rest up to the kids! Finding equipment is not a problem, just bring the checkbook and we'll hook you up. If you'd like you might even be able to get a ride this weekend. See YA John 2-Z
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Thanks John you made me feel better already, as you always did pal. You always had to right answers. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting your family, have a good, safe trip up.
        See ya there,
        Earl
        Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Thank You David L6, the site is excellent and it is good to have options these days.

Comment

Check with Alex and AJ Jennings, they have some A stuff that is for sale and will be in Millville
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Deja Vu All Over Again

I'm not answering your questions, just giving you encouragement....

If you get back into boat racing you'll learn that there are quite a few others, myself included, who also raced "back then" and re-entered the sport after a long absence. You won't be alone. One comment I've heard several times: this time around it's more about having fun than the need to win.

It's also an interesting journey as you discover how much you remember (ALWAYS look left before you turn) and how much you've forgotten (are higher numbered spark plugs hotter or colder?).

One great thing that hasn't changed "back then" to now: how many people, even competitors in your own class, are willing to help you get on the water. I would not have made it out for my first race just over a year ago without the help of a half dozen people who worked "hands-on" to get my rig right.

And when my 14 year old son ran his first race this past Labor Day weekend in AXSH, folks offered information and equipment without hesitation to make it possible.

I may be a bit premature, but let me be the first to say, "Welcome Back".
              @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
              72@E
              Former Boat Racer
              21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
              20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Earl,
                1. AXSR is basically a novice A class. If your kids are too old for J, this is the place for them to start. You can run a Merc 15, or a restricted OMC 15.
                2. Both the Merc and OMC are legal in A stock. But the OMC is unrestricted and is the motor to have as the Merc is not really competitive in this class.

Like Howie said, talk to Alex and AJ at Millville, they have all sorts of A stuff. Gary Pond has probably a couple dozen motors too, always somthing for sale. There is plenty of A stuff around, and old fishing motors are easy to come by for cheap. Right now you could buy an A motor and start racing, and pop a restrictor in and your kid could run AXS with the same rig, and get great experience. Good luck.
                Ryan Runne
                9-H
                Wacusee Speedboats
                ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Thanks Howie,Mark and Ryan for your help and support, it all sounds good. I'll be at Millville on Sat. and check things out.
                  Earl

Comment

Working...
                  X