Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Racer with question

Hello to every one
    I just bought a rig with hardwear and I would like to know if some one or more than one can help the new guy? I have a 2002 O'conner csh hydro with no motor, no cut suit, I have the M2000 helmet L-2K. I need to know what motor would best fit the boat 102 or 302 or some thing else? I'm new to all this. I saw the races at lock haven and now I want to go racing. Is there any one that has a suit in Lg size that they would like to sell? I'm on a very tight budget so please be kind on price please.

Thanks for the great site and Hope to meet and help if I can every one at the races and hope to be race ready by next year season.

Thanks again
    Bryan
    "Bluestreak"
    I have the need for speed but not
    the bank account.

7-P pro,mod,soAPBA,DVORA,TRORA

Some advice

Hi Bryan,

The 102 or 302 will fit on the transom - the only difference being the height of the tower housing.

If the boat was built for a 302 then either motor may fit - you may have to build up the height of the transom or use a pile of shim sticks if you run a 102.

Conversely, if it was built for a 102 then you may need to cut down the height of the transom to work with a 302.

I believe the Yamato model 80 (20ss class) is similar in height to a 102.

As far as the cut suit - check out the buy/sell section in the next few months as people may be looking for new gear at the end of the season and selling their used stuff.

I would also suggest going to Millville NJ, the second weekend in October for the race - there are a lot of knowledgeable people there who may have some equipment for sale, or can point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,
    Sean

Comment

advice

never listen to Sean Augustine.

...just kidding, Sean!
      The Runne's: Born with plastic sporks in their mouths.

Comment

Bryan, I have a couple used jackets that fit about a size 40. If you come to Millville you can try them on and we can talk about price.

You need to say what size cut suit stuff & jacket you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluestreak
          Hello to every one
          Is there any one that has a suit in Lg size
          Put yer specs on Sam.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

How large is large?

Comment

large cut suit

Thanks for the help and about going to NJ I will try to get there sat or sunday.
              I'm 240 lbs and 5'10" tall I am going to lose at least 40 lbs befor I start racing so a 40 size I think would fit I now wear a 46 size jacket.

Do we all need cut gloves and shoes? I'm going to pick up my boat on
              thurseday 9-15-05 and I will put some pictures of it so may be some can tell
              me what motor to get in to for racing. There is a life jaget on ebay and
              helmet and cleavers for sale. the jacket is from SRP and the helmet is a bell
              here is the item number 4575008662,4575013390,4575013438. Sorry I'm not good with the computer to put links up.

how do I get to NJ Race from Lock Haven PA?
              the bank account.

Comment

millville

sorry I ment to say millville how do I get there from Lock Haven PA.
                the bank account.

Comment

OK....

The jackets are Lifeline, not SRP (Security). I don't know much about Lifeline products. Maybe someone else here that is familiar with Lifeline can tell you about them. I use SRP safety gear and buy it from sponsonhead (see members list) here at HydroRacer.

Make sure that the helmet is "legal" before you bid on it. I can't tell and it looks like the seller doesn't have much info about it either.

Forget about those props! If they were half as big as they are they would still be way too big for a Yamato. They're for an inboard (or maybe a stout I/O?).

Once you get your boat and motor call Dewald or Hopkins (e-mail me for their numbers when you're ready to order), tell him what equipment you have, how much you weigh (not how much you hope to weight someday - be truthful), and buy a prop or two.

Another way to get a decent prop is to borrow and test some at the races. There is usually someone around that will loan you a prop or three to test that they no longer use.

A call to Dudley Malone (e-mail me for his phone number when you're ready to order) is always worth a shot. You never know what kind of treasures he has. I've bought a few used props from Dudley and a couple of them turned out to be the best props that I ever had for the class I ran them in. Just tell him what equipment you have and about how much you weigh (again - not how much you hope to weigh someday - be truthful) and he'll fix you up if he has something that he thinks will work. Note: Dudley isn't a prop builder like Dewald and Hopkins so he may not have anything when you call. Dudley buys, sells, swaps, trades, etc. What he doesn't have today, he may have tomorrow and if he has something today that you want you better buy it today because odds are he won't have it tomorrow. He is known and does business nation wide.

All of the people that I have mentioned - Patrick Gleason (sponsonhead), Craig Dewald, Glen Hopkins, and Dudley Malone will help you any way they can and are all very easy to do business with.

David

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Millville is in south central NJ. Use Mapquest, Mapsonus, maps.google.com or one of the other on line maps and look for "Lake Shore Dr" in Millville, NJ (no e in the middle of Millville).

If you don't find Laurel Lake with Lake Shore Dr, try Narcissus Rd

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                      How large is large?
                      Generally large is a smidgeon bigger than medium and a tad smaller than extra large.

Comment

Craig Dewald often comes to Millville to watch us race

The helmet should be legal, looks like a Bell Racestar III just like mine.

Bryan, there is also another race in PA this fall, too. Ford City on 9/24

Ford City Sanction link
                        Last edited by sam; 09-14-2005, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Silly me . . .

Originally posted by David_L6
                          Generally large is a smidgeon bigger than medium and a tad smaller than extra large.

I thought Large was "Oh my" and Extra Large "OH. MY. GOD."
                          carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson
                            I thought Large was "Oh my" and Extra Large "OH. MY. GOD."

Comment

helment/boat

here is the helmet that I should have in 4 days I was told by the old owner that he it used once and that he used it for the large boat for offshore racing.

Here is the item # from ebay 4574032184 sorry not sure how to put links up yet.

boat pictures will be here today or friday going to get the boat today.

Thanks to all who have put up threads for me to get info I have printed them out so I have a hard copy. I will try to get to NJ race and Ford city Pa race as well. Thanks again for the help it really does help.

see you all at the races.
                              the bank account.

Comment

Working...
                              X