Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie's From All Regions. Let Us Conversate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie's From All Regions. Let Us Conversate.

New and upcoming drivers. The sport will not die as long as we have something to say about it. Lend me your thoughts and let's talk about what we may contribute. If nothing else, let's talk about racing.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Boomtap

I Love Racing!!!

i think racing is one of the best things that has happened to me...i mean, ever since the first race i ever attended...(i was probably 2 weeks old) i have been meeting some amazing people who have changed my life and some have even changed the way i look at life...there are soooooo many people out there that are willing to lend a helping hand, be friends at times and competitors at others, and just have fun, that since you're around them so much, you tend to follow their lead, wanting to be "the good guy/girl." i'm only (almost)15, and racing has been the biggest influence of my life. There are so many things about it that are just great and things that would never allow me to get away from it. And that's just the non-racing part!!! To talk about racing..where to start!!! you get to the site, unpack your stuff, usually with some help of other drivers, go racing against your friends , drivers party at night, wake up and usually race again, help others when you're not racing, i mean...i can't see how i would live without this sport!!! I guess since i have been around it my whole life it does sink in as just something i couldn't live without, seeing how there are people at school who look at me like i'm crazy when there's a race coming up and I'm so excited and I can't stop talking about it!!! racing is something that i look forward to doing, and it keeps me out of trouble!!! to make it short(even though i've already written an essay ) racing is something i am going to be doing untill i die!!!
    like i told someone at depue...."if i can do it, i'm gunna be racin till i'm 100!!"

~amy

Comment

hey andy u got a aim screen name
      89-F
      ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

I may not be a rookie anymore , but i can still remember the first race that i ever raced in . It was the NBRA nationals in 2003 in Pineville , Louisiana . I remember a feeling of so much excitement , that i couldnt hold back . I was smiling for the rest of the day after i raced . Ever since , i have not been able to stay away from a race . I have met some great people and have made some very good friends through racing . Im glad me and my family took the time to get started in racing or i would not have made such wonderful friends .
        John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
        Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
        Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
        Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Hey, I'm 57 and have only raced two years... but it's a hoot and a huge part of my life now.

Afterall, where else can you hassle good guys like John Matthews, and run from old age in a fast yellow boat at the same time!?

Dan
          O-49

Comment

too much fun

hey guys and girls ive been out of racing for so long .since my two kids are in it now ive been having so much fun i forgot how much fun this was,and everyone ive met has been great ,with the exception of very few.but that comes in every sport,so to all out there,if i dont see ya have a good one and remember betsy is coming to get you MR JOEL [US TITLE] . LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT.BRING ON THE NOISE

Comment

joel

hey...u guys just wait till i get my new boat...then we'll see who's faster...me joel or betsy...

amy

Comment

Amy

I need you mon and dads phone # please

Comment

super rookie

I'm a new racer by definition...been watching and learning about this sport I love so much since I was about 13 yrs old. Yesterday I turned 34 and I now have a pretty good collection of race boats including a Sanger drag hydro capeable of speeds inwards of 180 mph, I currently race "C" mod Hydro and have a new FER ready to go for next year. From were I stand the best advice you could give a rookie driver like myself is to make sure you sign up for the patrol boat duty...turn one...turn two...safety on the infield...it doesn't matter, just get out there, watch the guys start... and pay attention. The greatest contrabution you can make to the sport is to do your very very best to keep the sport safe for yourself and the other drivers. Good safety gear is a must, and the little things like making sure to remove the prop nut before you start up for the first time will mean a lot to the people arround you. The other pearl of wisdom I can give you is DONT TURN RIGHT...lol ..or your go'n swim'n.
                  Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny
                    The other pearl of wisdom I can give you is DONT TURN RIGHT...lol ..or your go'n swim'n.
                    Especially while milling.

Comment

Working...
                    X