helment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helment

i'm buying new helmet wanted to know if all full face have the mouth and nose gaurd ? does this work so you don't fog up your face shield? i seen the one SRP has, from home page the 2300 full face .like it,but dont know if there's better out there? seen on board some guys saying to buy the one's for 150. snell rated is all that matters.
    thanks dt
    Last edited by dt 01; 01-14-2004, 02:29 PM.

i personally have 2 helmets right now. both are full faced helmets. one is a simpson with the nose guard and the other is an afx. as a new racer i have been told by many different dacers different conclusions but the main conclusion i drew is as long as its snell rated its good. i personally could use my simpson (with the nose piece) in stock outboards as long as i'm kneeling. i'm not sure how it would work with a lay down though and would not be the best helmet if you were sitting in a capsul. so my answer would be depends on what helmet you sould get for what type of boat racing.

spencer
    Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

helmet

so as a brand new racer from what i have seen on this subject all that matters is that its a full face and snell rated. as far as safty. the extra money is just for name brand? how about neck brace's do you sugest to wear one or not? i will be racing stock classes.

thanks spencer for your info dave
      Last edited by dt 01; 01-17-2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

as of right now i am not wearing a neck brace but i have heard they really help. they reduce the amoun tof back pain the next morning from what i have heard but i am not totally sure. everyone that have used on ehas recomended it though

spencer
        Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

blow over

HEY what about when you blow over does the neck brace help alot when this happens.. notice i said when not if... as i'm sure i will do something wrong and have this happend sooner or later
          dave

Comment

Dave

I currently use a six point helmet harness from security race products. It is fully adjustable, and will still give you 'some' movement, but will help prevent neck injuries or a 'bucketing' helmet in case of an accident. around 75 bucks i think

Mike
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP
            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

harness

oh ya i seen those on there add . do alot of guys use the harness in the stock classes to? or just the pro and mod class guys.

guess blowing over is not good at any speed

dave

Comment

Re: harness

Originally posted by dt 01
                oh ya i seen those on there add . do alot of guys use the harness in the stock classes to? or just the pro and mod class guys.

guess blowing over is not good at any speed

dave
                Dave,

I have seen alot of stock guys that don't were anything. I heard guys say, i'm not going fast enough to get hurt.......

I run a laydown hydro, so my head rotation is restricted compared to the movement you have in a kneeldown anyway, that is why i like it, because I still have some movement. I don't think I could wear a collar, unless I could trun my entire body, like in a kneeler. just my 2 cents. In my opinion, we are all going fast enough to need something to support our neck. What's your neck worth????

Mike
                Sattler Racing R-15
                350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

safty

thanks mike for your info on this safty issue as i need input befofe i start raceing without the right equipment ..

my neck is faily important to me so is walking...

so if i understand you right in the stock classes both harness or neck brace work good? in laydown harness is best!!

ithink my rig is pretty much set up besides getting a few more props . now need to get the safty equipment and just trying to find out whats best ..

thanks dave
                  Last edited by dt 01; 01-20-2004, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Re: safty

thanks mike for your info on this safty issue as i need input befofe i start raceing without the right equipment ..

my neck is faily important to me so is walking...

so if i understand you right in the stock classes both harness or neck brace work good? in laydown harness is best!!

ithink my rig is pretty much set up besides getting a few more props . now need to get the safty equipment and just trying to find out whats best ..

thanks dave
                    Dave,

That is just my opinion. I will repeat this again. In a kneeler, you have more body movement, therefore either will work good for you. In a laydown you have allot less body movement, therefore I use the harness to gain movement. However, this is just my personal opinion. Maybe you should talk with other guys in your class and see what they use. Everyone is comfortable in different ways.

Mike
                    Sattler Racing R-15
                    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                    TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

ya the only guy i talk to is daren and he said he does'nt wear any neck brace's ... but after talking to you i think i will go with the SRP neck brace' collar they have...

thanks again dave
                      Last edited by dt 01; 01-21-2004, 01:25 AM.

Comment

ya the only guy i talk to is daren and he said he does'nt wear any neck brace's ... but after talking to you i think i will go with the SRP neck brace' collar they have...

thanks again dave
                        Dave, If you buy from Security Race Products, talk to Randy, and tell him I sent you. He is a good guy to deal with.

Mike Sattler
                        R-15
                        Sattler Racing R-15
                        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                        TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

will do

ya i think i'm buying the helmet and neck brace from there . i was going to take a look at there store. it's only about 45 min. drive so when i do i will tell them you sent me...

never been there can you buy stuff or do you have to order it?

dave

Comment

Re: will do

ya i think i'm buying the helmet and neck brace from there . i was going to take a look at there store. it's only about 45 min. drive so when i do i will tell them you sent me...

never been there can you buy stuff or do you have to order it?

dave
                            Dave, I am in Spokane and have never been to the store. So I have always ordered over the phone.

Mike
                            Sattler Racing R-15
                            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                            TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

helmet fogging

Being a fat guy....naturally I breathe heavy!!! You asked about fogging up visors...........I've tried everything from never fog,(from the same people that make Rain-X) ,to spitting on the inside, to superglue.....NOTHING EVER WORKED (although the never fog would be ok until the second lap or so!)

Last summer I purchased one of those FOG city inserts from Fralick Boats. You couldn't fog that thing up if you had a saint brenard huffing on it, at dawn, on the lookout lighthouse, In Nova Scotia, at 7am, in november!!!

The thing works!
                              -Fatty
                              -Chicks dig fat dudes......pass the cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X