Adjustable Pipe Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Pipe Theory

Reading through the Megaphone Theory 101 thread, I found the notion of adjustable length pipes interesting. Does anybody care to share some photos of a typical ‘variable length’ pipe setup and its control mechanism? I have not been exposed to any close up and would like to look closely at one.
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Does anybody have any objective data on how much of a decrease in lap times the use of this technology provides? Has anybody captured data on the difference as it applies to acceleration rates?
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Hum...?

No pics or...nobody wants to expose their speed secrets?
      Raymond

Comment

Sliding Megaphones

Ray,

I have never personally seen a rig with sliding megaphones on a merc or an OMC. I am not saying it has never been tried, but I just have never seen it. Most people slide the expansion chambers to achieve the desired goals, but I am not certain sliding a megaphone on a merc 44 would produce measurable results.

I know Don Frykland was experimenting on a set of sliding expansion chambers on a merc 44 many years ago. I believe he used it on his runabout. I watched him run it in Lockhaven PA race probably 10 years or more ago. Seemed to work okay, and he said it took him a long time to get where he was at already. He also indicated there was room for improvement as well.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
        X