before i get excited....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before i get excited....

is there any active club/racing activity on the gulfcoast(panhandle floriduh, alabamie,miss, la)? my brother and i just bought a kiddie hydro( its a mini max style hull with a built merc kg7 on it) and will kick around the local river on it for giggles. i am contemplating a runabout hull build, but dont want to get too excited about this new hobby/passion without being able to race at least once without having to drive 1000 miles to experience boat racing first-hand... thanks, jeremy

There is Alabama Powerboat, they hold a race in Rainbow City, AL. Next year 2012 is the Modified Nationals and North American Championship for the J / AX classes at that location, the following year 2013 it is hosting the Stock/MOD/J Nationals.

Peace River Outboard also hosts a race in Jesup, GA (near Brunswick) it is April 16/17 and again on Oct 29/30 in 2011.

There are typically a few more races down in central FL as well.

Hope this helps, and consult a few folks before pulling the trigger on any boat or motor, we can tell you what classes have decent numbers hear in the Southeast.

I also believe that AOF & NBRA host a few races out in Louisiana and Texas.
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

thanks for the reply howie! i looked at the motor on this rig this morning and it is a KE4 not a kg7.... not sure of the value of this motor, or if it enough to haul my overweight butt across the water.... my bro and i were thinking of trying to sell this motor to get a more modern and bigger motor, 25hp or so. where can i find reliable info on this old mercury motor?

Comment

Here's a good place to ask about any motor as well as Boatracingfacts [especially the race variety] You can go also to the AOMCI's Ask a Member board. Good Luck
        Team Tower

Comment

Ke4

Originally posted by skootertrash74 View Post
          thanks for the reply howie! i looked at the motor on this rig this morning and it is a KE4 not a kg7.... not sure of the value of this motor, or if it enough to haul my overweight butt across the water.... my bro and i were thinking of trying to sell this motor to get a more modern and bigger motor, 25hp or so. where can i find reliable info on this old mercury motor?
          The KE4 is not worth a whole lot, probably not much more than $50 unless it is in primo condition. It would probably get you on plane but will not be much of a speed demon. You can go to: johnsoldmercurysite.com where a lot of us vintage Mercury guys hang out for more information. A KG7 would do a lot better but they run about $300 or more for a fishing version depending on condition. Hope this helps.
          kk

Comment

Working...
          X