No announcement yet.

First day with the boat in the water !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day with the boat in the water !

I've been waiting a long time for this day, I finally got my 20ssh/C hydro in the water with my 25ss on it. I'm running a 4 blade 6.75diaX9.125Pitch (I think that's what it says in marker, not anymore) The water was choppy so I didn't scream it much, but seemed to be pulling to one side more than the other, I'm not sure if this was because of the wind, or if my steering fin isn't flush with the boat? I was loading up the boat on the trailer when a local police officer approached me and said someone called them because I was going too fast LOL . GPS said only around 40mph, front of the boat was bouncing too much to push it more, next week will be a blast. On a calm day the lake is real smooth, like glass, any dangers with that? Any pointers and or saftey tips are greatly appreciated...Hope to get some pics on my website www.geocities.com/kg7merc Thanks to all who've helped bring my boat up here to Ma from Va!!!
    Shawn

Hey Shawn good to hear that you finally got your feet wet let me offer a few tips if you dont mind. Rule #1 Never go testing alone ! Rule #2 Always take a cell phone in the event of an emergency. Rule #3 Always let someone know that you have gone testing and what time you should be back. Rule #4 Never race the local guys on Jet skies etc. Never race any of the local yahoo's on your lake. The boat you have is not made for any type of rough water or wakes. Rule #5 Always wear your safety gear even when testing.

Rule #6 Have Fun !
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Good deal Shawn!!! Hope you are having fun. (BTW, Check your e-mail.)

Move Dan's rule #5 up to #1.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Dave is right ! #5 should be number one !
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I have a lifeline race jacket rated for 100mph and helmet, I guess it would be a good idea to look for some dirty but good cut pants someone out grew ? I Love driving it, I'll get some pics on my website tomorrow of the boat/motor. It's hard to recognize the older 25ss because of the fishing motor cowls I put on it. The cav. plate should be parallel to the bottom of the boat right? My steering fin sits about 4-5 inches into the water I'd say, I'll measure tomorrow. I like the hydro style, people say it looks like a 'roper', higher cockpit walls. When I drive my boat I think about the guys that do FEH and 250ccPRO at 70+ Thats what I call ballstothewall! Whoooo!
          Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by xcelerator
            I think about the guys that do FEH and 250ccPRO at 70+ Thats what I call ballstothewall! Whoooo!

70 MPH would be a very,very slow FE or 250cc hydro. Glad you got your boat on the water though

Have fun
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP
            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Shawn, I'm very glad to hear you got your boat out on the water! Have fun!
              1.) When testing, you should always have a tow boat and a buddy sitting somewhere nearby. I once went testing my DMH without a tow boat. Wouldn't ya' know that's the day I blew it over!
              2.) Don't assume that you're set up right just because your propshaft is parallel to the bottom of the boat. MANY hydro's like to be kicked under a little. If you can't check with the boat's previous owner, maybe someone here is familiar with your type of boat and can give you a good starting point.
              3.) A small chop in the water seems to be best for testing. Your hydro will develop MORE lift on glass smooth water, so be careful. You might never see a race run on glass smooth water 'cause all the boats milling around will chop it up before the race even starts.
              4.) HAVE FUN!
              I hope you get your "Turbo Four" going soon too!

Comment

Hey Jeff, long time no talk! Check your email. My computer fried it's mother board and I wasn't online much at all. I've had some more progress on the turbo four project, I need to put some pictures on my website but the java applicator program won't load , but my java is fine and turned on? I'll have to figure it out, here are some fuzzy pics.
                Attached Files
                Shawn

Comment

Working...
                X