serousley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serousley

Im 13 years old and trying to start racing. I live in Ft. Meyers FL around the region 5 area. I want to race an sst-45........I need to know how to sign up, what web sites do I go on or where do I go to sign up??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Last edited by tyler95; 06-07-2008, 12:07 PM.

I belive you need to be at least 16 to race SSST45, my sugesstion start in one of the A Stock classes & move up from there. Most of the real good tunnel boat drivers started in the kneel down classes to hone their skills.

Comment

what kind...

If im 13, what kind of boat should I look for? because i have no clue what to look for

Comment

Tyler 95

To Tyler 95,

I would suggest that you go to several races before you spend any money on
        equipment. That way you can see all the classes run and talk to the drivers about the classes.

Some races will most likely have both stock hydros and 45 SS Tunnels.

Do lots of looking and asking questions before you spend money.

The ABPA web site should have Region 5 (Florida) race schedules and this site should have the race schedule also. Maybe a Florida racer could post the Florida schedule.

Good Luck,

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Start small!

Try going to the APBA website. You will be able to find what you need to know about what boat racing opportunities are available for someone your age. I don't think you can run A stock until you are at least 14. I don't want to scare you off, but boat racing takes a fair amount of time to learn the ropes so starting small is the way to go. It is a lot easier on the bank account too.

Comment

There is a race coming up July 4 & 5 in Frostproof Florida. Frostproof is around 20 miles north of Sebring. Maybe you and your dad could come watch, meet some of the crews, check out the boats up close, and see what it`s all about.

Comment

Yep....KT started last year and already wants to run a 45...She needs more slower class time.

You're 13, start in J class, and move to AXS and A when you turn 14. Before you go 45, see if there is a mini Gt or Sport C class so you can get the feel of tunnel boats and OPC before you spend the money on a 45..

The slower kneel down classes will give you a better handle on how to read the water that you will never see when you are all closed in the capsule riding high.

Plus, 45 is an expensive class if you want to run at the front of the pack.

just voicing some of what we have learned over the last year, and don;t loose interest if someones opinions varies from yours. Boat racing, no matter what you drive, is incredible, just like the people involved in it.
              Bill Schwab
              Miss KTDoodle #62C
              -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

thanks

thanks for all the advice. Me and my dad are probably going to go to the frostproof race and check it out.

Comment

I'll be in Frostproof so you can come by and check out the boat. I'll be honest and tell you that from years in a stock hydro no way would I jump right into a SST45 boat to start out. Take your time and get a feel for a boat and work your way up. You'll be much more comfortable in the long run and a much better driver learning slowly!

Just my opinion!
                  THIBODAUX RACING.. Timmy Thibodaux

Comment

Tyler95

Tyler,

Please give me a call, I live and race OPC in region 5. I will help lead you in the right direction.

Brian

321-863-9886

Comment

tyler,
                      Me and my family race stock we live over in cape coral fl, and if u ever want to come check any of our stuff out we keep it at my dads marina which is located at 3944 pine island road there open 8 to 5 during the week and 8 to 12 on saturday if u do stop in just tell whoever is hear who you are and that u want to start racing and we will help u out

Comment

Working...
                      X