No announcement yet.

From the HydroRacer.Net archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daren, I can put all the video's on cd and you can stop by my shop and get it.

Comment

Welcome Mr.Merc Hi-Perf V6...

well look what the cat dragged in. Glad you joined us Eric. In case you guys did not know Eric Simon builds some of the most awesome Hi-Perf Merc V6 stuff you have ever seen!! He is a regular Scream and Fly Guru!!!

hey Eric, I do need to stop by and talk with you anyways..............
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

It is Dayton............Amazing video, a Japanese production. Where Eric got ahold of it?? Idunno.

Hold on to your hooters though guys, there's better stuff to come.

Comment

Jeff,

If it is Dayton there should be some pretty spectacular blow over footage of the guy. It seems that the guy who was supposed to run that very fast 250 rig wrecked his car and screwed himself up so he couldn't drive. So that guy and another guy decided to put some knucklehead in the boat. The said knucklehead then proceeded to take it to the moon, but the dumba$$ did do something right! He performed his amazing aerobatics 25 - 30 yards in front of his own pits where he knew there were 2 people with cameras. Once he woke up, swam the boat back to his pits (did I mention it went high enough to land right side up again?) and whined some, he asked if they had gotten any good shots. Alas, they both were too busy ooh-ing and aah-ing to think of getting any pictures of his sorry butt flying through the air.

Dave

No names mentioned to protect the guilty, the knucklehead and the photographers
          I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
          The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

The answers

Hey dial up guys and gals dont fret, thats what I have and it doesnt take to long. It worth it the time. My quick time box is only about 2.5" X 2.5" is that about right or is that why it didnt take too long to download?

RaceDec.mov is the interview from the '88(?) 500cc and OSY world championships held in Stewartby, Eng. I had one line and flubbed it.

RaceDec2.mov is a mix. The first bit with Larry Connors is from the '88 500WC as above. The team was Larry, bro Gary, Dan Kirts, Ralph Donald and Lee Bartolomie. Dan didnt qualify, he had a borrowed boat and crashed it. We had the factory Yamato 500 and Larry used his production 500. Larry was the highest placing american, I dont remember where though. We had a CHAMPION spark plug to fall apart(as they usually do) and sieze the engine. Rebuilt it between heats boat the crank was twisted and never ran to speed again. I dont remember where Ralph or Lee placed either. Actually, I dont remember much of anything except it was colder than crap and the wind was blowing a gale.

The second part is from Dayton, Oh. 1982 250/350WC. #22 is Guisseppe Landini, father of #24 Guiliano Landini. #24 is a Butts and Guiliano went on to use that boat to win the 1984 250WC with it in europe. #67 Gary Pugh, E-12 Knucklehead, #1 Paolo Borretto, #25 Dale Sellars and the BIG suprise #44 Greg Hall in a Desilva hydro. It belonged to David Westbrook.

The third clip is from 1990 Depue PRO nats. Yes they are 500R. The other class was 350H. Probably won by Dan Kirts. That was Larry Connor giving him a run in the black boat. F-1 was Chris Hellsten and he was having a tight race with Mark Borges. Gary was sitting in the infield, a rare mechanical failure. And did you notice the action packed comentary by Ray Rodda? Boat racing would be just so much noise if it wernt for the color that Ray adds.
            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
            Art Pugh

Comment

Don't worry about it Eric..........

I talk like that all the time when a pretty girl walks by !!

Comment

Working...
              X