Bakersfield Nationals pits & D mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakersfield Nationals pits & D mod

Do you recognize anyone in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0TGL9mSik

Another race I went to go watch. Yes Donald Morris in D-Mod 80-0. I have pictures of this race. I have some of RJ running OSY before he started running PRO 350.

Comment

What year??
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I believe it was 1996 Dean. Looking at my pictures but no date. I'm going off memory as it was the same year I left mod to run 1100r

Comment

that's was Jimmy Dawe's DSH that was missing the complete right side.........
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

And just last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNew2EpQGfU Not saying anything bad.

Comment

I think that was 1996......Jimmie Dawe died before the nationals in 1999 in Bakersfield, and his nephew Jason Hartwick at age 16 drove D stock for the first time at nationals and also crashed boat.....

Comment

96 sounds right it was the first year that the 302 won a heat at the Nationals.

Comment

That was my first Nationals! I was 11. I remember two things from that race. 1. the Love bros giving me "love taps" during testing and 2. missing the raffle of a RaceCraft ASR (which was floating in the pool at the awards banquet) by one number.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
                    I believe it was 1996 Dean. Looking at my pictures but no date. I'm going off memory as it was the same year I left mod to run 1100r
                    Thanks 1100-one,

I was at that Nationals..... Watching only.

By the way......... 1100-one, Who are you?

Thanks, Dean............................................
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Dean - My name is Todd Jacobsen. From Lodi Ca. My brother and I raced here in region 11 for nany years now both spectators.

Comment

I remember Mike Lopez ran FEH there with his new boat and motor. He had sold the Benson boat and motor prior. Wonder where tge original Benson motor and boat went. Thought it was in tge Midwest somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
                          Dean - My name is Todd Jacobsen. From Lodi Ca. My brother and I raced here in region 11 for nany years now both spectators.
                          Thanks Todd..................
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Your welcome Dean!!!

Comment

Hey Todd. How are you. It wasn't long ago that Mike was trying to sell that boat and motor. I'm not sure if he ever did.

Comment

Working...
                              X