No announcement yet.

Dave Little's home movies - Hinton Nationals 1969

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure would like to have one of those up-front 20H commodes today for A-MOD......Looks like they had them.. "Dial'd-in"...... back then!!!...........
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-27-2011, 07:37 PM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Could that be Eddie Joe Hrovatin at about 1:46? Eddie was from Milwaukee and ran BU, BSH and CU. I seem to remember him having a pair of pants like that. Perhaps Norm Schaub could confirm his identity for us. Lots of stories from that week in Hinton.

Chip Trampe

Comment

Great boat racing video. I was 4 years old at the time. I think I started racing in 1976?

Comment

WOW!!!!....If only we could go.....BACK!
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Trampe View Post
            Could that be Eddie Joe Hrovatin at about 1:46? Eddie was from Milwaukee and ran BU, BSH and CU. I seem to remember him having a pair of pants like that. Perhaps Norm Schaub could confirm his identity for us. Lots of stories from that week in Hinton.

Chip Trampe
            Chip...
            Yes that is E.J. in that 1:46 frame. But I don't think he ever ran CU. As I recall, Peggy was crowned "Miss Pit" at that race. And that was when we took a jerry can of lemmies to the banquet.
            The first photo is me presenting "Miss Pit" with her sash, and the second photo is "Miss Pit" with her "Royal Subject" (You). Those were the days.
            Norm
            Click image for larger version

Name:	sc005c05df.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	345096

Comment

Those were the days!!!

Comment

I ran a mediocre 30H on my O'Connor A-alky boat there ... 4 or 5 elims in that class. I never made the final.

Some silvery-looking stuff was in the water, probably some mining tailings, and it scratched our props, didn't really hurt 'em, just scuffed the polish.

Many of us felt as though we were 2-3 mph off what we ran at home, & we needed to lean the carbs to run half decent, never did get all the speed back.

My GPS device told me at last year's CVRA race at Hinton that lake level of Bluestone lake is 1400 feet above sea level: 44-year-old mystery solved!

Comment

Working...
                X