C Service Runabout, Heat 1. Hillsdale Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Service Runabout, Heat 1. Hillsdale Michigan

<object width="580" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_8gEbZQ-tY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_8gEbZQ-tY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="385"></embed></object>
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Dan

Cool footage. Do you know who the driver was? Looks like he had a commanding lead at the end of the race.

I thought he was very saftey minded by putting a saftey kill tether on his "Go Pro" deck camera.Little guy could have drowned if that suction cup would have let loose.
    Tom L.

Comment

The driver is J.J. Walls. The teather is not to his kill switch. It is a "just in case" the suction cup from the camera mount decided to not stay in place.

Comment

Just kiding

The teather is not to his kill switch. It is a "just in case" the suction cup from the camera mount decided to not stay in place.
        Yes I presumed that.Just adding a little levity. Thanks for naming the driver.Looked good.
        Tom L.

Comment

Way Cool

I am trying to put together a C-Service Runabout rig, but parts are sure hard to come by. This video has me all fired up again. Can't wait to see them run at the nationals in a couple weeks. Thanks for the great video clip, Bruce J.

Comment

&quot;Tether&quot;-ed GoPro Camera

I'll take credit for that camera tethering job. As current "Crew Chief" (self-titled) of Walls and Son Racing, I can tell you that JJ (Jay Walls Jr.) and his Dad (Sr.) are both pumped about DePue. As am I...

There is another video out there on his youtube channel (racerh96) of JJ at Huntington (East Divisionals) running out front the whole race (Camera facing forward). It's a nice video of his bow and hands for about 9 minutes... (since it's forward facing video you don't see much of the other boats).

As for getting an Antique rig together, you just aren't talking to the right people!! That stuff is out there, I am getting stuff together myself for Hillsdale MI in September.

-Jason, H77

Comment

Originally posted by Luby.H77 View Post
              I'll take credit for that camera tethering job. As current "Crew Chief" (self-titled) of Walls and Son Racing, I can tell you that JJ (Jay Walls Jr.) and his Dad (Sr.) are both pumped about DePue. As am I...

There is another video out there on his youtube channel (racerh96) of JJ at Huntington (East Divisionals) running out front the whole race (Camera facing forward). It's a nice video of his bow and hands for about 9 minutes... (since it's forward facing video you don't see much of the other boats).

As for getting an Antique rig together, you just aren't talking to the right people!! That stuff is out there, I am getting stuff together myself for Hillsdale MI in September.

-Jason, H77
              <object width="580" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LYqXBHLsBZw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1 =0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LYqXBHLsBZw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1 =0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="385"></embed></object>
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Great videos, that rig is working really well
                Mark Krzyzanowski
                32-CE

Comment

Forward Facing Camra

Jason,

That's great you guys have a forward facing camra, you can film the back of my boat next year.
                  Stop down at the G-Spec.Racing trailer in Depue for a beer and lets talk Speeditwin parts.

See you then,

Bruce.J

Comment

Jay T Walls is the current National President of the Antique Outboard Motor Club (AOMC),
                    and puts on a great show running his Evinrudes and Johnsons at the meet in Constantine MI.
                    This pic of Jay taking a young lady for a ride in his CRH in 2008.
                    The Walls are great ambassadors of the sport, and good to see their stuff running so well
                    Not sure if Karl Williams[Chicago?] is still with us, or involved, but he is regarded as being the father of our current antique racing. In the late '70s he tried to assemble as much hardware as possible,
                    and get it into the hands of racers.
                    He, or anyone in the sport will bend over backwards to help some one serious about racing.
                    Attached Files
                    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

RE: &quot;...the back of my boat next year...&quot;

Originally posted by Bruce D. Johnson View Post
                      Jason,

That's great you guys have a forward facing camra, you can film the back of my boat next year.
                      Stop down at the G-Spec.Racing trailer in Depue for a beer and lets talk Speeditwin parts.

See you then,

Bruce.J

Ok, Bruce. I'll hold you to that. Just make sure and wave (preferablly with your throttle hand ) as you go by me [H77]... and good luck chasing down JJ [H96], may the force be with you...( 'cause you'll sure need it )

JL

Comment

Fired Up

Hi JL,

Sounds like I have you Fired Up! That's what I do. Now I better try to back up my BS talk.
                        I will be working on setting up a C-Service Runabout Rig for next year, then we will see.
                        The G-Spec. Racing Team will start rolling into Depue Sunday afternoon, look for the big Red & Yellow trailer.

See you guys there,

Bruce

Comment

1st. heat CSR, Hillsdale

My heart pounded the whole time I watched it... Have not been in
                          race boat for 15 years.... I felt young again.. What a start..
                          That driver has his stuff together... Looked effortless..

Comment

c service/racing

JJ and Jay have always run well at DePue , but the west coast boys always provide some still competition. Should be some great racing!!!! Here a few photos from last years PRO Nationals. Please dont copy without permission.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by racingfan1; 07-30-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X