2000 Prop Tour/Miss Budweiser at Cypress Gardens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Prop Tour/Miss Budweiser at Cypress Gardens

Taken back in October 2000 with an old VHS Camcorder at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven long before Emily wanted to race boats (she was less than a year old ). Converted from the VHS tape so the quality is not good. Neither was the camera or cameraman. Anybody remember this?

Last edited by Emily88; 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM. Reason: fix video link
    88-F

Yeah,...sure do! I also remember on Sunday Villwock coming about this >< close to putting the Bud in the grandstands!!! I also remember Rinker planting their boat up against a big display on the beach when it hopped out of the water during qualifying. The Rinkers then went to their back up boat,...and broke that one. They then switched to their display boat for the final, was going good,...then it quit. I also remember Bill Seebold standing next to me before a heat. I mentioned that I still remembered him driving a blown 7 litre inboard hydro called "Long Gone" back in the late 1960`s at the Miami Marine Stadium. When I told him that he first looked at me wide eyed, then smiled , and said, "That was a loooong time ago!" and then shook my hand.

Comment

I took this video on October 22nd, 2000, which I think was a Sunday. We were not into boat racing at the time. I just went to see Miss Budweiser run.

My 9 year old daughter got interested during the Orange Cup in Lakeland this year when she found out she could run the J class. The upcomimg race at Jesup will be her first.
      88-F

Comment

Ya thats awesome.I remember hearing that the ESPN camera guys took off running when Dave first came at them wide open and slammed it into the turn.
        Bob

Comment

Working...
        X