AMAZING and unique use for GoPro camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMAZING and unique use for GoPro camera

One of my buddies spent the weekend running an offshore poker run and, for grins, decided to take a look at the props on his boat with the GoPro Motorports Hero camera mounted ONLY with the sticky base mount on the transom:

http://www.nwspeedshots.com/video/propcam.html (this clip is a montage of various stages of the video - and turn the volume down, the sound is just NASTY)

He zip-tied the case shut and tethered it all to the transom just in case, but the thing held together and gave him some absolutely amazing views of the back of the boat. Might allow some pretty interesting (and informative) views of your own hardware if you can figure out the mounting...

Originally posted by nwspeedshots View Post
    One of my buddies spent the weekend running an offshore poker run and, for grins, decided to take a look at the props on his boat with the GoPro Motorports Hero camera mounted ONLY with the sticky base mount on the transom:

http://www.nwspeedshots.com/video/propcam.html (this clip is a montage of various stages of the video - and turn the volume down, the sound is just NASTY)

He zip-tied the case shut and tethered it all to the transom just in case, but the thing held together and gave him some absolutely amazing views of the back of the boat. Might allow some pretty interesting (and informative) views of your own hardware if you can figure out the mounting...
    If you were on the fence about buying one these I suggest you jump down now and send Walt your money!

Im sold

"Unit was mounted on transom with standard GoPro "sticky" mount"
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Nothing learned

and you learn what from this video? Most know the bottom side of the boat is wet.

Comment

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer View Post
        and you learn what from this video? Most know the bottom side of the boat is wet.
        I learned that the 'sticky mount' is a lot stronger than I would have guessed. I will try it next time we mount the GoPro up. -Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer View Post
          What the owner of this boat wanted to know is how the outdrives performed. Although this clip was very short and didn't show even a fraction of what they saw, suffice it to say that they got enough information from the rest of the clip to do mods to the outdrive setup to get more top end, and are jazzed enough to have bought four more cameras this morning...

What I was attempting to point out is that these cameras are useful for much more than just getting on-board video: they can be used where your eyes can't go to get more information about your boat, car, bike, etc. than you can get without the video. On the U-13 last year, we used video to gain information about skidfin setup. Other guys have used them to see what the drivetrain goes through during a drag race launch. In other words, using the seat of your pants to tune your ride is great, but if you can use video to confirm your hunches, these units will go in places you may never have thought about...

Walt

Comment

Working...
          X