• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula E Hydro from Oroville,CA 6/7/09

sponson view from my Formula E Hydro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-kIlVoMsKc

Enjoy
    93-C

Jeff, Nice video. The weather and conditions looked great. We just got our camera and will try her out this weekend at Banks Lake Washington.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

That's awesome Jeff!

I linked it on BRF and Screamandfly
      Last edited by sam; 06-09-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Akers View Post
        sponson view from my Formula E Hydro
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-kIlVoMsKc

Enjoy
        Jeff,

Outstanding camera placement! looks like you might be the winner for video of the month I will add the clip to the HRTV player a bit later tonight.
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Cool video. I see that you lost a mirror after a couple of laps. Did you not buy the "special" FE mirrors? j/k
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Jeff,

Out of curiosity, when you lost that mirror while racing, and it was not in place after the heat for tech, did you get dq'ed?

How would this work at the Divisionals, or even at the Nationals??? I'm not trying to start a Safety battle about mirrors, just wondering how the MORC would deal with this? I have known people to get dq'ed after a heat, even though they were legal before a heat (different issues) so I'm wondering about this since it's a safety issue.

Mike
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Mike:

I was inspecting at Oroville, and saw that Jeff did have mirrors before the racing started. With that in mind, I saw no reason to DQ him.

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
              Jeff,

Out of curiosity, when you lost that mirror while racing, and it was not in place after the heat for tech, did you get dq'ed?

How would this work at the Divisionals, or even at the Nationals??? I'm not trying to start a Safety battle about mirrors, just wondering how the MORC would deal with this? I have known people to get dq'ed after a heat, even though they were legal before a heat (different issues) so I'm wondering about this since it's a safety issue.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
                Mike:

I was inspecting at Oroville, and saw that Jeff did have mirrors before the racing started. With that in mind, I saw no reason to DQ him.
                Joe
                That is great news. I just hope this will hold with other inspectors at a National event. It would be ashame for someone to get dq'ed over these kinds of problems.

Hope all is well
                Sattler Racing R-15
                350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                  Jeff,

Mike

It's a great question Mike, I suspect it would (at this point) be up to the inspector...I wonder if these kinds of issues were even thought of when the rule was made at the National meeting.... and Joe,thanks for using good logic in making your decision.

Unfortunately I may have to sit out the next race,as I didn't buy any replacement mirrors (Yeah,I know you have to have two of everything in racing) but doubt I will get one in time. We will try and find something though.
                  93-C

Comment

I like that! Thanks for posting that Jeff.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X