No announcement yet.

Professional video from Whitney Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional video from Whitney Point?

Anybody know the status of the video that the production company was shooting at Whitney Point? When it will air or be released? Will we be able to buy it?

MJR West
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
    Anybody know the status of the video that the production company was shooting at Whitney Point? When it will air or be released? Will we be able to buy it?

MJR West
    I'll contact Chicago Paul and provide you with an update in the A.M.

Regards,

Troy Gladkowski

Comment

Originally posted by Admin
      I was wondering the same thing, also who can we speak with to get copy for HRTV? I believe its the same folks that shot the Pro nationals I would also like to get a copy for HRTV.
      The DVD will be available for purchase through the S.O. promotional committee. All inquires should be directed to either Chicago Paul or myself.

Troy Gladkowski
      troyglad@hotmail.com
      Last edited by 14J; 10-20-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Any more word on this video and if it will broadcast on what channel and when?
        sigpic

Comment

On EBAY $26.50

outboard racing . last item via Chicago Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson View Post
            outboard racing . last item via Chicago Paul

huh? do you have a link Steve? if so, why would they be on Ebay?

is this the DirectTV one?
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Found it .... http://cgi.ebay.com/Boat-Racing-Vide...A1%7C294%3A200

Comment

huh??

APBA licensed material being sold on Ebay first????? Why is it not sold directly by APBA first and offered to the members first and even advertised here??? Seems awful silly for an APBA member having to buy a "promotional video" through EBAY................or am I assuming something that is not true???? Did the "promotional committee" approve this and decide it was the correct way to PROMOTE???
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Cool your jets! Chicago Paul will have an official announcement tomorrow. The DVD will be available through several outlets including e-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
                    Cool your jets! Chicago Paul will have an official announcement tomorrow. The DVD will be available through several outlets including e-bay.
                    thanks for the update Troy! hey, what happened to the video that (DirectTV?) was filming? Is this part of the video? There was some cool "in boat" racing video filmed, including when the "Birdman" had an accident...........I also should have gotten some good footage of some fast 44XS boats passing me in DSH!
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                      thanks for the update Troy! hey, what happened to the video that (DirectTV?) was filming? Is this part of the video? There was some cool "in boat" racing video filmed, including when the "Birdman" had an accident...........I also should have gotten some good footage of some fast 44XS boats passing me in DSH!
                      DirectTV is still on. Again I'll have Paul communicate everything, hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

No good deed shall go unpunished

Folks,

This is our first time doing this on this scale and we are working our way through it.

The E-Bay item number is 320323558517 and we need your support if we are going to be able to do this again.

As of yesterday afternoon we felt confident enough to take orders that we could ship by Christmas. I still don't have a "Teaser Video" but will before the week is out.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Tana at APBA and asked her to modify the Stock Outboard link at WWW.STOCKOUTBOARD.COM and it will validate that it is an APBA authorized item. Tomorrow, one Tana had made the change, I was going to post on Hydroracer to click on the APBA banner on Hydroracer (Which we pay for) and all would be good.

But first, I wanted a few folks on the committee to see it and make sure they did not want to make any changes before I made the announcement to the world. The only way to do that was to put it up there so it could be easily seen.

E-Bay was BY FAR the fastest, easiest way to do this. In addition Paypal gives a FULL accounting of who bought what and what the true costs were. Also flexibility in payment.

I am getting nothing for the effort, nor do I want anything. I am copying and printing the DVD's, buying the mailers, addressing them, and shipping them myself. ALL to learn how to do this better next time save money and make sure that we have the best opportunity to do this again.

So if you want one Go to EBAY item number 320323558517

Satellite TV dates still to be announced.

Thanks for your support!

Chicago Paul Chairman SORC Promotions

Comment

Are the labels stick on?

If so, be advised that it DOES NOT WORK. Many of the labels will stop the DVD player from being able to spin the disk ... and even if it works at first, later the adhesive will eat into the media layer and destroy the data.

I have several examples of other boat races sent to me like this that became junk before I could watch them. The data could not be recovered.

Comment

Stick on labels do work on many DVD players IF the label is properly applied. But no, these are Inkjet DVD's. But, that was a good and reasonable question.

Comment

I hope I didn't stir up any trouble here. I'm excited to order several as gifts.

Comment

Working...
                              X