Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep V fiber glass CSR hull test clip

Looks pretty quick !

<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1460843117" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1785322867&playerId=1460843117& viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false& " base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

It'll only work on very, very small circles!!!!
    Last edited by PopPop; 09-18-2008, 05:02 PM.
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

I call dibbs for Top 'O next year!!!

Comment

Who built the boat? Could we see close up pictures of the boat? Looks GOOD and quite interesting.
        Last edited by jsilvestri; 09-18-2008, 08:58 AM.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

Dan- This hull is in the early stages of testing and is running in the 60's. chris
          Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
            It'll only work on very, very small circles!!!!
            I bet Phil is right ... I think the rough bumpy water of an active competition course slow it down enough that it is not competitive except for very short courses. Top speed in testing does not always translate to ET on the race course.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              I bet Phil is right ... I think the rough bumpy water of an active competition course slow it down enough that it is not competitive except for very short courses. Top speed in testing does not always translate to ET on the race course.

huh???????
              Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Everything's faster in Florida! Nice job Chris, looks great and a whole lotta fun to drive. How big is the bottom at the back? Any abnormal set up going on ie: height, trim, kick-out, etc...?

I kinda understand what there saying about competition attitude and speed. That V bottom will cut into the water deeper scraping speed as the water is pushed through as apposed to pushed down.
                Last edited by MGallagher; 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 22W View Post
                  I call dibbs for Top 'O next year!!!

Lol... I was think'n the same thing. Darn, ya beat me to it!

Comment

I applaud anybody who trys something different. It may work great, ok or a flop in a race. You never know unless you try.

It seems to ride real light on the water and should turn really good on narrow courses.

Tim
                    Tim Weber

Comment

here are some close up pics!
                      Attached Files
                      William Haddock
                      111-F

Comment

Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
                        Everything's faster in Florida! Nice job Chris, looks great and a whole lotta fun to drive. How big is the bottom at the back? Any abnormal set up going on ie: height, trim, kick-out, etc...?

I kinda understand what there saying about competition attitude and speed. That V bottom will cut into the water deeper scraping speed as the water is pushed through as apposed to pushed down.
                        The boat in the video is owned by a guy named William Haddock that
                        works for me. I designed the boat and William helped me build the
                        tooling. His boat is powered by a 102 and mine has a 302, but both seem
                        to be on par performance wise. The ride is nothing like a flat bottom, but
                        feels more like a hydro ( real sense of floating on air). You don't have to
                        work the bow like a flat bottom. Side to side balancing is the only trick
                        you have to learn which becomes second nature after a couple dozen runs.

It rides on a 8" pad with a slight positive deadrise, the rest of the bottom is
                        a deep v. If anything it speeds up in the rough, it seems to run the
                        same speed whether against the wind, downwind, slicked out, or rough.
                        The video was us testing turn fin configurations. Set-up is not much
                        different than a flat-bottom.

And yes it is fun to drive! ( a lot easier on the body too )

Comment

Chris,
                          At an IOGP race in the early 90's that I was at, there was either a Hydrostream or Allison V with about a 12" pad that ran in Mod VP. In testing before the race it was very fast. In race water as the race progressed and got rougher it couldn't stay up on that pad and worked its way from the front of the field to the rear. You may have the same problem.
                          Try the boat on some big lake water like we run at Top O' and see what it does. Its not going to stay up on its pad, but that deep V will get it through the bad stuff real well. Your boat will also work well in the rivers.
                          6 gal fuel tank, plenty of padding and bring them to Top O'

Darrell Sorensen
                          C-4-C

Comment

Good looking design. It could be tough to pass if it gets out front on a short course. It could possibly be a great marathon boat. I am anxious to see it in competition. Keep us informed.
                            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Wow, Looks like a cool boat!
                              Being from OPC, it reminds me of the 70's V bottom classes.
                              Here's one trick that we used with the Hydrostreams with their flared bows (bow lift). The bow lift let you add lots of transom lift to the props which adds more speed (less boat in the water). The bow lift also helped on the big corners to keep the bow up and float around the corner.
                              Looks like a cool project!
                              Mark N

Comment

Working...
                              X