Louisiana Boat Racing Assn. (LBRA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana Boat Racing Assn. (LBRA)

The Louisiana Boat Racing Association (LBRA) is pleased to announce that the City of Alexandria through the Greater Alexandria Economic Development Board (GAEDA) has approved a grant for the club to be utilized for our opening NBRA race of the 2016 racing season. With this grant we will utilize the funds to promote the race, which will be held at Tunk’s Cypress Inn restaurant on beautiful Lake Kincaid Louisiana. For additional info use this link (http://www.tunkscypressinn.com/). The event is scheduled for May 19 through the 22nd. With this grant we will be capable of paying at least $3,000 in tow money and as we work with other potential sponsors we hope to improve on this amount. We are looking forward to another great event at this site and hope all boat racers come join us for this event and enjoy our Louisiana hospitality.

The LBRA is also hosting the NBRA short course nationals on July 8 through the 10th on Lake Buhlow Louisiana. For this event we have a primary sponsor that will allow us to pay out $10,000 in tow money for the event. We are still working with other potential sponsors to bring in additional funding. If we are successful it might also provide funds that we will allocate to prize money for the event. The city of Alexandria is excited about getting back to boat racing where there has been a rich history of national events and is fully supporting the efforts of the LBRA through the NBRA to foster boat racing in the area.

Thinking ahead to 2017, I know it is a long way off, but it not to soon to start planning. The City of Alexandria LA would like to see a boat race on the Red river in the heart of the city. There is an excellent site that is located between the two bridges that offers great spectator viewing. This race would also be a summer race and offer outstanding tow money, far greater then our short course nationals for 2016. This is a great location and can be viewed on Google Earth. We have done some early reviews of the area and have talked with the city about installing paved launching ramps. I would like to hear from folks about this potential race site.

The LBRA is working hard to grow our sport and is actively working to make it happen. For anyone that needs additional information please contact me. I would also like to have you as a member of our club.

Alan van Weele President of LBRA
    Apvw1@aol.com
    337-304-0379

This is Another example of selling our sport as a economic engine and entertainment. I'm really surprised this is not been used all of the country. We sell our selfs short. Why doesn't the APBA clubs follow those principle to get tow or prize money?

Comment

• bill van steenwyk
      bill van steenwyk commented
      Editing a comment
      Because they work with 1 1/2 or sometimes both hands tied behind their back by running a multitude of classes with 3-4 boats from dawn till dark in most cases, and onerous entry fees, sanction fees and category rules. Just see the discussion regards the 302 vs 321 class.

So simple!!

Doc,
    I hear what your saying and agree. NBRA is doing wonderful stuff and has internal support like no other organization - I wish we were closer to your races.

As I've told you before I can't get much financial support for my race since the city has serious economic issues. However, the race is within fours hours for most and we get over 100 entries per day. Repeat - 100 entries per day and is close proximity to most racers. Quit saying my race is broken.

My calculator says that if I make the 14 hour trek to Alex that I'll get around $60 tow money. Is that correct ( $3,000 / 50 trailers = $60).

Bill - 1 1/2 hands - really!

Comment

Originally posted by 94H View Post
      Doc,
      I hear what your saying and agree. NBRA is doing wonderful stuff and has internal support like no other organization - I wish we were closer to your races.

As I've told you before I can't get much financial support for my race since the city has serious economic issues. However, the race is within fours hours for most and we get over 100 entries per day. Repeat - 100 entries per day and is close proximity to most racers. Quit saying my race is broken.

My calculator says that if I make the 14 hour trek to Alex that I'll get around $60 tow money. Is that correct ($3,000 / 50 trailers = $60).......
      In NBRA we base the tow money on miles traveled to the race not on how many trailers show up. Example.... $3,000 total tow money gets divided into the total number of miles everyone traveled to an event. Those miles are one way only not round trip. Total miles (all trailers added together) divided by tow money to = cents/mile then cents/mile multiplied back to each trailer miles traveled. I hope this has cleared up the tow money equation. We use this formula to reward those who drive the furthest.

Gardner Miller
      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

I think the intent of this thread had been missed. I am sure Alan has no desire to use his post to compare any sanctioning body to another. Lets heartily applaud LBRA for their outstanding efforts to support boat racing and to provide great race sites to any and every boat racer who chooses to attend. THANK YOU ALAN and LBRA!
        Last edited by Dennis Crews; 12-09-2015, 11:02 AM.
        "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

A good example:::1. $8000.00 in tow money.. 2. A total of 13,524 one way miles turned in...3. That equals .59 cents per mile rounded down
          4.. A given race team drives a total of 782 one way miles... 5. That race team is awarded a total of .59 x 782 = $461.38. This is only my take on
          how tow money is calculated... Please keep in mind that all figures are strictly made up.
          Last edited by runabout333; 12-09-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• runabout333
            runabout333 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!!! PROPDOC

Our LBRA club is also working with our sponsors to reduce the cost of going to a boat race. To do that our entry fees for the classes will be structured in such a way that recovers the insurance costs and other basic expenses needed to conduct a race. Last year at Tunk's our class entry fee for the club was only $25.00 plus the NBRA $15.00. This year we will be keeping the fee the same. Hopefully the things like safety coverage will be picked up by a sponsor so we can control the cost to the boat racer and offer more tow money. The LBRA club dues structure is also very reasonable. Racing members pay $20.00, novice racing $15.00 and non racing members $10.00. We also offer a family membership at $35.00 so two or more folks in the same household will see a savings.

Hope to see a great turnout at our races,
          Alan
          apvw1@aol.com for info

Photo is from Tunk's last year

Comment

Alan:

Congratulations on keeping your costs down. In this present day economy, young folks especially need reasonable costs for all their entertainment, especially Boat Racing. You are to be congratulated for realizing this and acting accordingly.

Hope you have a great race at Tunks and a bigger one next year in Alex. It was always one of my favorite places to race, along with DePue.

Comment

Tunk`s & Alex, both great race sites. Planning on making both races. I expect from the experience of going to the 2 furthest races for us last year that we most probably will get in excess of $1200.00 tow money combined at these 2 races. That will pay for our traveling expenses and maybe a nice dinner or two at Tunk`s. Thanks LBRA.
              Art K

Comment

The member clubs of NBRA are doing an outstanding job of marketing our sport. We have some long distances for some to drive and the tow money is making it possible for some who would not otherwise be able to participate to do so. On a recent trip, I received over $700. This is not chump change! It's real and surely helps make attendance good without the strain.Thanks to all!!!!! Jack

Comment

Working...
                X