Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this list of stock outboard clubs look complete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
    Hello All,

Does this list of stock outboard clubs look complete?

South Shore Outboard Association # 5 Region 1
    Fishers Landing Racing Club # 131 Region 2
    Schenectady Outboard Racing Assoc.# 130 Region 2
    Toronto Outboard Racing Club #270 Region 2
    Delaware Valley Outboard Racing. Assoc. #156 Region 3
    Carolina Virginia Racing Assoc. # 178 Region 4
    Peace River Outboard Racing Assoc. #216 Region 5
    Race For The Kids Foundation # 420 Region 5
    Michigan Hydroplane Racing Assoc. #267 Region 6
    Three Rivers Outboard Racing Assoc. #268 Region 6
    Top O' Michigan Outboard Racing Club #269 Region 6
    Trenton Outboard Racing Club # 271 Region 6
    Badger State Outboard Assoc. #304 Region 7
    Dayton Record Runs Assoc. #316 Region 7
    Marine Racing Club Of Illinois #311 Region 7
    Columbia Outboard Racing Assoc. # 32 Region 10
    Seattle Outboard Association # 25 Region 10
    East Bay Boat Club # 58 Region 11
    Southern California Outboard Assoc. #71 Region 12

Sprint Boat Racing Association (SBRA) puts on the Puddingstone Race every March here in Region 12!
    Marlee Hill
    4th Generation Hill
    Hill Racing Team
    20ssH & SST45
    1-C, 32-C, 9

Hillmarine.net
    Hill Marine Products

Signature Propellers

Comment

Originally posted by Marlee Hill View Post
      Sprint Boat Racing Association (SBRA) puts on the Puddingstone Race every March here in Region 12!
      This club looks like a composite club made up of kneeldown boats and others. Is this correct? How prevalent is this kind of club across North America?
      Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Here is the list of clubs we have loaded so far on the Stock Outboard Facebook Page. I would like to get all Stock Outboard Logos for this project and all Kneeldown for other projects.

If your club does not have a graphic logo, let talk about how we can create one for your club.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock Outboard Club Logos obtained as of 19 Apr 2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	346773
        Last edited by Raymond; 04-19-2012, 01:46 AM.
        Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Maybe there are no Mod-only or PRO-only local clubs, but if there are, wouldn't you want to include them? They use the same sort of boats as Stock, need the same sort of course and water, and many of the participants also have or still do race stockers. The three varieties seem to go together in quite complimentary fashion, at least to my thinking. Why limit this to Stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
            Maybe there are no Mod-only or PRO-only local clubs, but if there are, wouldn't you want to include them? They use the same sort of boats as Stock, need the same sort of course and water, and many of the participants also have or still do race stockers. The three varieties seem to go together in quite complimentary fashion, at least to my thinking. Why limit this to Stock?

As far as I know, Say for instance Reg 1 SSOA ( South Shore Outboard Assoc ) COA ( Conn Outboard Assoc ) stock/mod/Pro are all under the same club.
            I think just the way people are posting it sounds like Just stock clubs, But there all catagory's are the same club
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Its not limited

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
              Smitty, I am not trying to limit this initiative to just stock outboard but I do want to capture all stock outboard clubs.
              Raymond

Comment

Good. Since you're looking for wildcat clubs, someone might know of the one that used to be in the Portland area and maybe still is. The one guy I knew of from that club, long ago, was Skip Churchill. And Dale Powell ("Arcticracer") can tell you about what they have in Fairbanks, AK.

BTW, has anyone figured out a quick, shorthand term by which to refer to "OUR kind of outboard racing"? By this I mean, APBA-style Stock, Mod, and PRO hydros and runabouts, as used in APBA, AOF, NBRA, some of the wildcat clubs, and some of the UIM classes, and EXcluding outboard-powered OPC tunnels and Vee-bottoms, bass-boats, etc.. I've seen "kneelers" used, which is not too bad despite the fact that some of OUR kind of outboards are lay-downs, or sit-downs with canopies. It would be great if we had some publicly-recognized, semi-glamourous, rather macho term. Pat Gleason used to do a stand-up routine in which he tried to tell a non-racer about what he did, with the response invariably being (in a somewhat patronizing tone), "Oh I know, you mean like those cute little sort-of-like mini-hydros!", with Pat doing a slow burn.
                Last edited by Smitty; 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

This is our new Logo for our club
                  Attached Files
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Other than HR, is there another Web presence for Montana Outboard Racing Association? May I call it MORA? Is it safe to assume that MORA is primarilly NBRA affliitated?
                    Last edited by Raymond; 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM.
                    Raymond

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                      Thanks Mike.

Other than HR, is there another Web presence for Montana Outboard Racing Association? May I call it MORA? Is it safe to assume that MORA is primarilly NBRA affliitated?
                      We do not have a web site but yes we are NBRA and we go by MORA
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
                      X