Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHRA Primer for 2012

Hello Racers and Race Fans,

The Michigan Hydroplane Racing Association’s video primer for their 2012 season is ready for your viewing pleasure and sharing at the MichiganHydroplaneTV You-Tube Channel. We hope you enjoy it and take the time to share it with all your friends. Please follow the link to view it. While your there, subscribe to MichiganHydroplaneTV to automatically receive all future MichiganHydroplaneTV content.

http://youtu.be/QCVo6TQTP78

http://www.youtube.com/user/Michigan...eo-mustangbase

Michigan Hydroplane encourages all Racers and Race Fans to sign up for their own free You-Tube account and create their own You-Tube channel; even if they don’t have any intentions of creating or uploading video content. You-Tube account owners have the privilege of being able to sign up for ‘subscriptions’ from their favorite /friends video channels and will automatically get notices of newly arriving content from channels they subscribe to. It is as easy as setting up an email account: and it free.

The growth and popularity of the internet and current explosion of mobile wireless access represents an untapped market of exposure for our common interests. It does not cost us anything to ‘share’ our interests and its related content with those around us. Our presence on the internet can influence our ability to secure future members and sponsors.

Please do not underestimate the influence of Social Media or the impact your contribution in this area could have: please Share, Like, Sign-up and Subscribe.
    Last edited by Raymond; 01-15-2012, 06:52 AM.
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Great Job

Ray -

I know you had A LOT of your personal time involved in making this promo video for MHRA. It shows. Great job! . See you at the race's in 2012.
    Tom L.

Comment

You and Adam coming back this year Tom? Missed ya'll last year!! Big Shout Out to Ray!! Awesome Promo....
      Roger A 68M
      Team Casual

Comment

Great job!
        Bob

Comment

super job Ray, now if we could only get Obama to lend ya a Tele-Prompter!

Todd

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Tom,

We are learning allot while having a bunch of fun. We have received allot of file footage from the racing community and are in-work producing more informative content to carry us through the winter months. We are excited to see what we can produce next year with some purpose shot video.

Yea, not sure what to do about the teleprompter thing. We shot the commentary footage at least three times trying to get the…read correct. You should have seen the first takes Would you believe that the eyes are only 12’ off centerline of the camera at the furthest distance?
            Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

You guys at MHRA are doing great things, thank you.
              sigpic

Comment

Nice Job !

Ray,
                You guys are doing a great job on the promotion of Stock Outboard Racing. Keep up the nice work.

Comment

Thanks Tim / Everyone.

Working on follow on content. If anyone has any suggestions...pass them along. Any other clubs want to do a 'primer' or???? Lets talk to see what we can do. This is about promoting our sport.
                  Raymond

Comment

Ok, I have been doing some thinking and I think I have a possible solution to the ‘eye movement’ problem without having to barrow a teleprompter. Off to the garage to test a different technique.

What a clever way to bump this back to the top, ah?
                    Raymond

Comment

eye movement

Ray, don't worry too much about your eye movement. Besides the use of a teleprompter, we use to use key cards next to the camera lens. Will only work if you have an assistant. Take some white boards, and write in big block letters the outline of the point you are trying to get across. Have the assistant move the cards, but hold right next to lens. It takes a little practice as you have to not bump the camera, or cover the lens. When I get back from this round of trips, let's get together. I am having some equipment shipped here, including lighting and backdrops.
                      And in case you didn't hear it enough...This is awesome! You are doing the club and the sport a great thing!
                      -226M
                      When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I did have an assistant that helped with the use of queue cards. I had it in large print in landscape format right next to the camera lens. I may have placed the talent to close to the camera causing the 12” off center eye deflection angle to be more noticeable than desired. I intent to test with portrait layout with larger print and the queue cards behind the camera (distance tbd) so as to reduce the effective angle of deflection. More to follow on the test once I can…find the camera.
                        Raymond

Comment

Working...
                        X