Thank you Wendy's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Wendy's!

For those that are not aware, Wendy’s provided significant sponsor support to the 2011 MHRA Top Gun Racing Series. Please show your appreciation and frequent their establishments.

Thank you Wendy’s!
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Question

I see this has no replies, and only 181 views. That tells me Wendy's was not that significant of a sponsor, maybe some coupons or something ?

If they were a significant sponsor, why am I only finding out after the season is over, and asked to go to a link to thank them ? I don't get Propeller any longer as I am not a member, so correct me if I am wrong and it was advertised there. But to me, if they provided something significant, it should be everywhere, not the publication that is targeted towards only the racers.

Don't take this as negative, please. But to build that relationship up with them, shouldn't there be Wendy's banners up at all the races ? I didn't see one at Constantine, or see them mentioned on the PA, or any handouts. Please view this as constructive critisism.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
      I see this has no replies, and only 181 views. That tells me Wendy's was not that significant of a sponsor, maybe some coupons or something ?

If they were a significant sponsor, why am I only finding out after the season is over, and asked to go to a link to thank them ? I don't get Propeller any longer as I am not a member, so correct me if I am wrong and it was advertised there. But to me, if they provided something significant, it should be everywhere, not the publication that is targeted towards only the racers.

Don't take this as negative, please. But to build that relationship up with them, shouldn't there be Wendy's banners up at all the races ? I didn't see one at Constantine, or see them mentioned on the PA, or any handouts. Please view this as constructive critisism.
      Yeah, I was reading the Robb Report this morning and saw no mention of Wendy's sponsoring any MHRA races!

I did read about it in Propeller (available free online), the MHRA Facebook and Twitter feeds, HydroRacer, and the MHRA website. It should be noted that Wendy's new fries and ingredients are awesome.

Good work, MHRA and Wendy's!
      hauenstein outboard team
      186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Dave,

Although Wendy's banners have not yet been added to the MHRA program, I know at each of the MHRA races PA announcements were made regarding our sponsorship with Wendy's. Also any press releases which made local media had Wendy's as one of our main subjects of the release. I have multiple copies of Wendy's sponsorship to MHRA from local press from I believe all of our races except Big Rapids.

Although we have room to grow, I believe for a first year, we did a pretty good job.

Thank you for the input.
        Elek Hutchinson
        36M

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Dave.

Yes, we could probably do better and I think we will as time progresses. One of the ideas that I would like to float to the club membership this off season is the use of an announcers ‘script’ to help guide a standard message from all those valuable volunteers that have the courage to be the voice of the event.

I think a script would allow us to ‘remember’ to brag about all those that support our sport. It can also be used as a standard template for explaining things for any ‘new’ ears that might be listening.
          Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Good idea

Raymond,

At the NBRA races it is scripted. The announcer (professional) is required to announce the Sponsor Name, and use it in a sentence at least 4 times an hour. It makes GREAT filler in between heats, and in those leading up to the 3 minute gun moments. And it helps helps even more if there are more than one or two material sponsors.

Another great tidbit announcing this is to have a fact sheet for each sponsor. Something about the product, or company. Perhaps with Wendy's you could incorporate "Where's the beef" slogan into the message....
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
              Raymond,

At the NBRA races it is scripted. The announcer (professional) is required to announce the Sponsor Name, and use it in a sentence at least 4 times an hour. It makes GREAT filler in between heats, and in those leading up to the 3 minute gun moments. And it helps helps even more if there are more than one or two material sponsors.

Another great tidbit announcing this is to have a fact sheet for each sponsor. Something about the product, or company. Perhaps with Wendy's you could incorporate "Where's the beef" slogan into the message....
              Dave,

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about.

I don't think people 'dont' do this not becase they don't want to (can you use four negatives in a sentence and if so is it now a positive or a negative? I think they/we don't becasue we just don't think that way or are not promted with meterial to present.
              Raymond

Comment

Banners on Buoys

One suggestion to get the sponsor's name out is to wrap large turn buoys with the sponsor's banner (that the club can have made up). Then you take some good action shots in the turns being sure to frame the buoys in shot. Then be sure that these photo's get into a magazine or on a web-site. Finally, be sure to send to the sponsor with a note of thanks.
                David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                X