Promotional material...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotional material...?

There use to be some promotional material to help clubs promote a race or something online somewhere... I thought it was the www.stockoutboard.com website... but I can't find it...

Anyone know where they are? Just wanted to browse what was there for ideas.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/200...20Brochure.pdf

I will email you Paul Nielander's email address for more help.
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

yeah, I found that flyer but not what I was remembering. The stuff wasn't as professional as that, but had good ideas.

I have Pauls email somewhere... but was sure the info was online somewhere... jsut can't locate it...
      Fralick Racing

Comment

Yes, I think I know what you are speaking of. I sent you his email address on your FralickBoats email.
        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Thanks Jeff!
          Fralick Racing

Comment

try www.stockoutboard.net It is in the header of their ad on hydroracer portal.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
              There use to be some promotional material to help clubs promote a race or something online somewhere... I thought it was the www.stockoutboard.com website... but I can't find it...

Anyone know where they are? Just wanted to browse what was there for ideas.
              Just a simple question

What do you intend to do with Promotional materials?

Also what do you wish to gain from promoting?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
                try www.stockoutboard.net It is in the header of their ad on hydroracer portal.
                I tried there... thanks though.

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                Just a simple question

What do you intend to do with Promotional materials?

Also what do you wish to gain from promoting?
                I dunno what you're getting at... but I intend to promote...

I WILL get more racers, like the 20 or so I've helped bring to our club in the last year. I WILL help our club get more race sites and more volunteers for these races. I work my butt off for this sport.

Can ya help? If not, take it elsewhere, thanks.
                Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 11-19-2010, 03:15 PM.
                Fralick Racing

Comment

I put this together last year I think. I can make some small adjusments if needed and send it to you if it interests you. PM me if you have any questions. All can be put into a publisher file and made into a nice tri-fold brochure. I also have every page in adobe photoshop format.

Sorry for any copyright infringement.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MGallagher; 11-19-2010, 09:37 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks Matt, if your able the text would be great. Otherwise what you have here is good enough for my use.

I've made a new poster for our club this week (this is just a proof with generic info in it)... borrowed concept from the zapcat series in England. Will use as a template and fill in blanks for any race. Now want to make a race program and club presentation to potential sponsors/towns.

Once things are done, as always, any club is welcome to them.
                    Attached Files
                    Fralick Racing

Comment

That looks great Andrew. Maybe that is something I could look into on the DVORAracing.com website, a page where all of us who do our own design work to download and upload our different promotional material. Maybe even something on the stock outboard web site.
                      sigpic

Comment

Raceright offering help - qualifying requirements

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
                        I tried there... thanks though.

I dunno what you're getting at... but I intend to promote...

I WILL get more racers, like the 20 or so I've helped bring to our club in the last year. I WILL help our club get more race sites and more volunteers for these races. I work my butt off for this sport.

Can ya help? If not, take it elsewhere, thanks.
                        Andrew, I think Raceright is asking the 2 q's not to question intent/motive of our past and future efforts, but rather to qualify the type of promotional objectives(ie: attracting racers, volunteers, schools, sponsors, opinionated axxholes, etc.., to grow) we are trying to acheive and to point us in the (Racer)right direction. The q of "what do you wish to gain?", is relevant to the type of assistance/guidance people are able to offer.

Andrew has been tireless in promoting the sport, and is singularly to blame for my(& son) jumping in with both feet a year ago.

On behalf of Andrew and I, TORC is appreciative of any assitance the community can offer, and glad to share what we can, as Andrew mentioned.
                        Erik
                        Last edited by hydroid; 11-20-2010, 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
                        Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

I thought I posted clearly in the first post... I was looking for "promotional material to helps clubs promote a race" and that "I wanted to browse it for ideas"

This made me interpret raceright's post as a trolling post that would lead to a pro is better than stock topic, or we need new motors before we promote, or we're going in the wrong direction, or whatever, that every thread seems to turn into and that I could care less about. Maybe I jumped the gun, and I apologize to ya raceright.

I try to avoid posting on hydroracer any more because someone always butts in on topics with negative input and comments. I figured that was going to happen so tried to stop it.
                          Fralick Racing

Comment

Originally posted by hydroid View Post
                            Andrew, I think Raceright is asking the 2 q's not to question intent/motive of our past and future efforts, but rather to qualify the type of promotional objectives(ie: attracting racers, volunteers, schools, sponsors, opinionated axxholes, etc.., to grow) we are trying to acheive and to point us in the (Racer)right direction. The q of "what do you wish to gain?", is relevant to the type of assistance/guidance people are able to offer.

Andrew has been tireless in promoting the sport, and is singularly to blame for my(& son) jumping in with both feet a year ago.

On behalf of Andrew and I, TORC is appreciative of any assitance the community can offer, and glad to share what we can, as Andrew mentioned.
                            Erik
                            Erik

Thanks for defending!!!
                            Andrew he is spot on---A Marketing campaign needs to be explained, Thinking negative about my intentions is a mistake. If you PM me your address I could send you my program that was used at hartford Conn. USTS race and I would also explain in detail how I managed to get over 20,000 spectators and TV coverage to this race. If you goal is to race in far off the beaten path than Promoting has little value--buy in larger metro areas there is much that can be done..But you have to bring a show not just a race.

All good intentions and good luck

Pat

Comment

Race/venue town contracts??

Matt/Pat/Others,
                              Having established race venues and negotiations with towns(new or existing venue), do your clubs have some form of contracts with such towns/chambers of commerce(eg: LHaven, Berwick, Hartford,..)? Looking for a document which stipulates organizing club requirements/expectations(eg: police services, fencing, park services and camping, ramp access...) from the local municipality. Often this is being acheived on an informal basis(verbally, handshake), however looking for a template to formalize this. Trying not to reinvent the wheel.
                              If any club has similar working document/checklist, pls chime in, provide a copy. Someone should have such document that serves to formalize with the municipality what is expected of them. This is particularly relevant when soliciting new towns/venues, and demonstrates the club has a well thought out plan for each event. It can be modified for specifics of each venue.
                              Andrew, not trying to highjack, as I see this falling under promoting to municipalities, being organized in doing so. Over the years TORC has done a good job, and we have potential new venues for 2011 to pursue.
                              Looking for best practices sharing here, if we or other clubs are missing something.
                              Erik
                              Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Working...
                              X