Media Coverage - Cullaby Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Coverage - Cullaby Lake

This is one of the best news pieces I've seen on any type of boat race (and it's video from a newspaper no less). The guy that shot and edited this did an amazing job editing the interviews (not only because Perman & I don't come off as dorks ) with the racing action images. Ashley Rucker looked liked she does TV interviews all the time.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/main.as...102&TM=44747.5
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
    sigpic
    Portland, Oregon
    Johnson Racing

Pretty cool stuff!
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

That is a fantastic news piece. Good job Mike and Ashley
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

"It's a level of intensity that's just unmatched." Mike Perman

Hella cool video.
        28-R

Comment

Nice

Very Cool video. Interviews were good. We need more exposure like this.
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

That was great! Im glad we got that great coverage! I am famous, i was on for half a second!
            Cameron Hansing
            Hansing Racing
            Blackwell Racing

Big Lake, Alaska
            Beaverton, Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by hydroracer65r View Post
              That was great! Im glad we got that great coverage! I am famous, i was on for half a second!
              I think Ryan flashed through for about a second and a half - those Blackwell hydros are sooooo photogenic
              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
              sigpic
              Portland, Oregon
              Johnson Racing

Comment

Nice peace , great for the sport .

Steve

CMH. 61R
                Short Fuze Racing
                Team Darneille
                ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

I Agree

This may be the finest promotional video I have seen as the interviews help explain the event to the uneducated fan or potential sponsor.
                  "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Well, I guess thats the kind of interview you get when you have friends that run into trailer hitches while your interviewing haha.

Comment

Subscriber Only Access

To access the full article you must either be a subscriber to The Daily Astorian or you can purchase an article by searching in our NewsBank Archives. If you do not wish to subscribe, click the "Back" button on your browser.
                      Great promotion that can now not be accessed.
                      Rolling Thunder Racing
                      Hydroplane Quebec
                      Grand Prix Hydroplane

Comment

Originally posted by pakman View Post
                        Great promotion that can now not be accessed.
                        That's the problem with some of the online news outlets, the stories look great for a few days but once the editor pulls them off the online edition it can be curtains fairly quick.

Yes online news articles are great for the sport but you have to remember that in the world of online news yesterdays news is useless in the mind of the editor. In the same manner that you throw away the paper each day or at the end of week same applies for some but not all online outlets. Many of the larger outfits will transfer real news story to the archives section but lets be real is hydroplane racing really worth being archived

BCRN out of DePue tends to keep the racing articles online for a least a year or so in the archives section but then again racing and Depue are like brother and sister

Most of these outlets also want you to pay for the online edition after a few views or so.
                        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Working...
                        X