Formula E Engine poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula E Engine poll

Allowing more motors or changing rules for existing motors is a reoccuring theme here on Hydroracer.net

Let's see how some of these ideas stack up next to each other in the same poll
    No Changes No New motors - keep the rules the same
    31.58%
    Allow the 56 ci OMC with more restrictions than the 49ci
    3.16%
    Allow the 56 ci OMC with the same rules as the 49ci
    2.11%
    Allow the 50ci Yamaha to use same size carbs as the 49 ci OMC
    2.11%
    Allow the 66ci Merc 6 with same rules as the 60ci 6
    7.37%
    Allow the 66ci Merc 6 with more restrictions
    3.16%
    Allow the 66ci Merc 4 cylinder with restrictions
    3.16%
    Allow the 45 ci OMC twin to use any make carb
    5.26%
    Allow the 63.2 ci Scott-McCulloch triple
    3.16%
    Allow all proposed motors above
    38.95%

I see that a few people are still finding this poll and voting on it!

You don't have to be a FE driver to vote!

Great to see the feedback! If you want to jump to it quickly, scroll to the right and then down, it is below the schedule info
    Last edited by sam; 04-06-2004, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Yamaha

Are you sure your not refering to the 42.6 CI 50HP Yamaha 3cyl.
      Art K

Comment

If you haven't looked at the results lately you have missed that the former most popular opinion has become tied with the bottom choice!

"No changes", which started out with fully half of all votes cast is now neck and neck with "Allow them all" I am quite surprized!

If you have an opinion .... vote!

Comment

60 cube question

Hey Sam,

I was wondering. If the Mark 75 is 60 cubes. why would we not look at the merc 40,50, (60 bigfoot) 3 Cylinder engines which are all 59 CID.

They are newer and parts are available easily as well they look really coolllll like a mini SST-90 or half a SST-120.

What are the legal cubes.

Regards.
          Dave Scott
          Aim Marine Inc.
          613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
          Ottawa, Canada
          http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
          DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Boats/motors

I know this poll was about motors but as this class seems to be verry hi powered i will say the same thing i said on another thread limit size wate & of boats and free up motors.
            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

The limit in FE is supposed to be 49ci; the bigger Mercs were let in as special exceptions since they are very old deflector piston type motors. With the flow against even allowing the 56 ci version of the OMC triple, I doubt there'd be much sympathy for a 59ci looper triple.

Richard, if you look at the rulebook regarding FE, you would see that your well thought out suggestion is the exact opposite of the existing rules .... doubtful many current racers would be willing to consider such a drastic change
              Last edited by sam; 04-10-2004, 03:02 PM.

Comment

wrong thread

Wrong place to post about boats and wrong class for that idea but i was thinking of a class with higher hp than novice classes say maybe c speeds and power runabouts all same mabe natioal one design rb or something like that
                RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

I voted to allow the 66 inch 6 cyl Merc with restrictions (to start with). However, considering how much this class has grown in recent years, it would probably be best to leave it alone. There are already quited a few choices. Some of the existing motors don't even have to be torn down for inspection. (I like simple!)

One thing I have heard from some respectable sources (S. Bensen, D. Mason to name a couple that post here) is that the 56 inch OMC shouldn't be allowed in the class at all.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X