Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be Morbid but: Vote for the best crash video

Yes, All drivers are OK.

Which crash would you vote for as the most spectacular wreck caught on video and posted to YouTube.

1. 2011 Lock Haven, PA CSH Onboard:Watch at 1:51

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fHV8CTCxlpM?list=PLp75f4GfYP6M0foucbCrYqF4BYVx7_GB v" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. 2012 Milton NH DSH: Watch at 2.06

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XYbC5pqSwDg?list=PLp75f4GfYP6PgthLrr5Ld8jf7DISiFkh 6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. 2013 Standish, ME CSR: Watch at 1:19

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mpp_DYseDNs?list=PLp75f4GfYP6NePSlNG6k9lOn6Ov6YpMg T" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Click on the links for now, maybe the videos will embed soon :-)
    2011 Lock Haven, CSH
    40.63%
    2012 Milton, DSH
    12.50%
    2013 Standish, CSR
    46.88%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by 5-A; 04-01-2014, 12:41 PM.

All Good But CSH More Entertaining

Like all but the CSH is more entertaining - I like the Superman impression by the driver and the added effect of the GoPro drifting to the bottom caps it... interesting how he rolls to the inside - most I've seen are rolls to the outside.

The CSR is also good - kites and then boat continues upright backwards without driver...

The DSH video isn't too clear what happen - did he dive the boat under?

Thanks - Shane

Comment

Reeds is classic
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Hum

I vote for Reed also.....just because.

Comment

The CSH at Lock Haven was nasty. It's never good to go out the left side of the boat. Although it happens at that spot (just after the ramp) quite often. There and the front stretch between the start and first turn are two places where you have to be super careful (as well as every other part of that course).
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
            The CSH at Lock Haven was nasty. It's never good to go out the left side of the boat. Although it happens at that spot (just after the ramp) quite often. There and the front stretch between the start and first turn are two places where you have to be super careful (as well as every other part of that course).
            I watched that roll/flip at least 15 times, can't really tell what happend, is it a slight right in the course or ? I guess maybe he did turn slightly to the right just before the Oopsy
            Last edited by 25xs seeya!; 03-22-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Shane_B - yes the DSH stuffs pretty hard. The boat broke up and the motor came off and sank, only to be fished out weeks later.

The CSH is certainly quite an interesting view through the gopro. I've watched a bunch as well, the fin drags just before he goes out, possibly a right turn ???

CSR is great video work on a pretty spectacular blown over, always a surprise when the runabouts do it. Check out 96-D (Wild Bill), he almost does the same thing when he comes through after Scott goes over. Almost a double.

As a kid I had a VHS that a carried around everywhere from the Merc challenge at Grass Lake (I believe), I don't know the year, my guess would be 1987 but it could have been 86 or 88 I suppose. Dave Dewald blows over a 25 runabout right in the middle of the pack coming to the start. I've found some merc challenge stuff on youtube, but not that one. Anyone remember it? Anyone know where a copy lives? I wore out my copy years ago.

Is there a way to embed the videos right into a post?
              Last edited by 5-A; 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The csh was andrew tate, He was right in front of me, if you watch you will see that the large fin is in the water and it caught a wave when going under the bridge. it gets lumpy there,a lot of people dump right there.

Comment

Working...
                X