SCOA R12 Brawley 4-in-2 Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOA R12 Brawley 4-in-2 Event

The Southern California Outboard Association (SCOA) is considering putting on a race at Wiest Lake in Brawley, CA. This would be a racer's race, a small 3/4 mile course. The pit facilities are paved, with some shade and tables. There are restrooms and showers on site. It is about 7 miles from town where there is food and lodging.

We are proposing a FOUR day in TWO event for a single flat entry fee, irrespective of the number of classes entered. Race as many boats and classes for which you have the equipment and stamina, 4 races EACH, for one fee. Open to J/Stock/Mod/Pro.

In order to do this we estimate we'll need a commitment from 25 drivers. The entry fee is still to be determined, but to put you in the ballpark, we're probably close to $250 for four races of as many classes as you want. So yes, you could bring a runabout and a hydro and run them both in CSR, 25SSR, 20SSH, CSH, OSY = 5 entries * 4 races = 20 races for the same entry fee!

This is a PRELIMINARY poll to see who might be interested in such an event and for which date. For the Fall 2013 dates (ideal for points chasers) we would work around any existing R11/R12 races. For you northerners, sure it's a long haul to get down here, but winter is pretty much marked in name only down here so you can get an early jump on the season while it's still too cold to race at home.

1. Sep 2013
    2. Oct 2013
    3. Jan 2014
    4. Feb 2014
    Sep 2013
    20.00%
    Oct 2013
    0.00%
    Jan 2014
    0.00%
    Feb 2014
    80.00%
    Last edited by halestorm; 07-03-2013, 04:54 PM. Reason: added link to map of Wiest Lake and link to climate data for Brawley
    Dave
    42-C

Perhaps this could be scheduled for the weekend before/ after the national meeting in Reno? Just a thought.

Comment

good idea

Originally posted by PRO-MOTIONRACING View Post
      Perhaps this could be scheduled for the weekend before/ after the national meeting in Reno? Just a thought.
      Good idea. I'll go ahead and reveal that our own "internal poll" has shown some initial bias towards February so that it can be promoted at the Nat'l Meeting, but there are still a lot of questions to be answered.
      Last edited by halestorm; 07-02-2013, 06:20 PM.
      Dave
      42-C

Comment

since Reg10 has 2 races in September, plus the KILOS in October, you probably would not get any entries from us up here..............Jan/Feb when it is cold and wet up here might convince some folks to head south, barring winter conditions driving down.................just a thought...........

PS....even though we did not get a chance to chat last weekend.............thanks for coming up and racing with us in Reg10......hope you had a good time...
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Not trying to be negative

This is NOT meant in a negative light, but can you run 4 in 2?

I am not sure you can? I thought that it is limited to 3 in 2? I have considered wanting to do the same thing at a race.

I will try and review the rulebook for guidance please let me know if you run across anything.

Thanks,
          12M

Comment

I don't think you can either!!
            bill b

Comment

Not trying to hijack the thread

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think this point is kind of interesting. Imagine the race you guys could run if you just ran 20SSH and CSH and 25SSR and CSR 4 in 2? It sounded like you had elims. in 20SSH and CSH at your last race. It is an interesting thought..... when you think about it the rules kind of enable the four boat classes to linger.

I am really interested in what the answer to this is.....

12M

Comment

rules allow it

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
                This is NOT meant in a negative light, but can you run 4 in 2?
                Yes, you can!

2013 Racing Rules for Stock Outboard, Modified Outboard and Professional Racing Outboard
                Rule 2 • Regattas
                states:
                14. It is permissible for the race committee to schedule and run two races for any class or classes it chooses on any single day so long as the same is published on the circular.
                You can find this at the bottom of page 8 of the current rule book PDF.
                Dave
                42-C

Comment

Thank you for checking!

Thank you for looking that up!

I really like your idea and am interested in seeing if the format will work.

Good luck with the race, I hope it happens.

12M

Comment

Working...
                  X