Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you spend on racing per year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend on racing per year ?

How much do you spend on racing per year ?
    Wanted to post this as a poll/survey.Maybe Dan can do this for me. Anyway - The ? is, How much do you spend a year on racing? EXCLUDING equipment already owned. This would include the following - Equipment upgrades,Equipment repairs,membership dues (club & national),travel expences(gas,lodging,food),entry fees,lost work wages. Vote on the follow catagories- $1000-2000 , $2000-3000 , $3000-5000 , $5000-7000 , $7000-9000 , $9000 +
    $1000-2000
    12.06%
    $2000-3000
    14.40%
    $3000-5000
    28.40%
    $5000-7000
    14.79%
    $7000-9000
    4.28%
    $9000 +
    26.07%
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

I really don't want to think about it...

Dave
    I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
    The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

This thing does not go high enough.
      Sattler Racing R-15
      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
      TEAM VRP
      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Modification to poll please ...

Can we ask this question in terms of category? In other words does a Pro racer spend more or less than a Stock or Mod racer? Mod more or less than stock? Perhaps include multi-category racers as well.
        A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
        --Mark Twain

Comment

Well I spend more when I race APBA than I do AOF or NBRA. But on average I spend between $5000 - $10,000 on racing around 10 - 15 races a year. Entry fee anymore is around 200 - 300 for the weekend if you run more than one class, and gas averages 200 - 400 per trip. Food, no hotel costs with me though, I stay in my tent or parents camper.

Gee, who wanted this in perspective !!! I need a cheaper hobby !! This does not even include the R&D costs I do every year on engines and boats !!
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

If I include the race car, about $40,000.

Comment

Now is this how much we actually spend, or how much we admit to our wive's we spend?

Joe

Comment

Dave M.

I had Dan post this pole for me.I was trying to see just how much we really spend on our sport on a yearly bases.I think if people sat down and really figured every penny they spend in the course of a year it's suprising.I know we could post this ? in a more complex breakdown but this gives us a general idea.I would like to see a poll on how many stock,mod,pro and opc people log on to this site also.It seems to me that would also give us a ratio on how people answer the money-spent poll.
                Tom L.

Comment

just looking

i call bs on the field i see some racers that i know has too spend more but maybe it is that they don't want anyone to know
                  paul

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_E71
                    I really don't want to think about it...

Dave
                    and I REALLY don't want Marcia to know about it

Hopefully this year won't be as bad, I'm not a not a rookie anymore and I (hopefully) won't be buying as much new stuff

Dave
                    The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Originally posted by Xracer
                      Can we ask this question in terms of category? In other words does a Pro racer spend more or less than a Stock or Mod racer? Mod more or less than stock? Perhaps include multi-category racers as well.
                      This is probably a good point, I'm sure Gary and I spend more to feed and raise a 125, a 250 and a 350 than it does for dad, Sean and Ian for a 20 and 2 C's .

But, and this is a big but, our trailer smells MUCH better than theirs

Comment

boat racing cost

In about 1970 or so, Butch Leavendusky, Myself, and I believe Rich Krier,
                        Barry Wilson, and Tim Chance (Hydroplane Quarterly Publisher) figured up
                        our annual racing cost by taking the cost of boat, motor, fuel, props, Auto
                        and trailer expense to get there, motel, food, and the biggest expense of
                        all, THE BEER. We then divided that total cost for one racing season into
                        the total minutes we actually spent in the boat on the race course racing,
                        determined by the total number of races attended, and heats run. The more
                        heats run of course the less the per minute cost, but the average cost I
                        seem to remember now, was approx. 125.00 per minute. Pretty expensive
                        fun even in 1970,but we had a blast. This was the old alky division or what
                        is now known as PRO. I seem to remember that a C or D Konig was about
                        3000.00 dollars then, although it fluctuated some due to marks against the
                        dollar from year to year.

Bill Van Steenwyk

Comment

$ spent on racing

In the early 70's Butch Leavendusky, Rich Krier, Myself, Tim Chance (Hydroplane Quarterly Publisher) figured out the total cost of our
                          equipment including automobile, trailer, etc., and then divided that
                          cost by the total money spent for travel food, motel, fuel, and one of
                          the biggest expenses of all, THE BEER, and calculated the total minutes spent racing based on total number of races (heats run) and arrived at the cost
                          per minute for our fun. Seems like it was about 125.00 per minute based
                          on 1970 dollars. You could buy a hydro (500/700) for about 900.00
                          with hardware and I believe a Konig 4cyl cost about 2500.00 at the rate
                          of exchange in effect at that time. If we had all put the effort into
                          testing we did into this calculation we probably would have been
                          better off, but it was fun to do, which was what it was all about back then.

Bill Van Steenwyk

Comment

Working...
                          X